Basset Hounds Forum banner

Need Help Controlling My Basset

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  biscuit 
With six dogs, you have a dog pack.

Furthermore, from the sounds of it, at least two of the dogs are intact, meaning they're not spayed or neutered.

In addition, sounds like you "had" to chain one out, which tells me there's been a problem for a long time.

Whenever I see a dog chained, I know someone decided it was easier to chain them up than take care of the real problem.

Dog pack --- breeding --- not neutering or spaying --- chaining out: hate to say it, but this sounds like the problems have been brewing for a long time, and you have simply created the perfect recipe for aggressive behavior.

It is just as important for people doing rescue work to be responsible as it is for people who only have one or two dogs.

In fact, it might be even more important.

Otherwise, what differentiates someone from a collector? And collectors, as we all know, do not take care of their animals.

If you're going to do this kind of work, I strongly strongly advise you to make contact with your local and regional rescue organizations. You may be in the woods, but I can guarantee you there are many reputable rescue organizations relatively close to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.