Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often hear owners complain about their not good for nothing basset, just acting like a wife or husband,
not doing anything than eating. A basset does a lot of worthy work, even though s/he won't rounding in
sheep, or guiding blind people. Here you see a lot of exemplars:

Checking that you eat your food without spilling any crumbs, and not choking on it:

If you're expiring problems with gravity, it can help you keep the couch down until you want to sit on it:

When you're lonely and in need for company for a party, they're easy to ask.
(While I went to pick up the camera, one of the sausages strangely disappeared...

They're magnificent guard dogs, and they will keep the sheets warm at the same time....

And whom can you trust to watch over your chocolate?

Steinar, Emma and Doris

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
How true. I always said Spencer was a great couch holder downer. ;) The other day some person talking politics came knocking on my door and Spencer didn't even get up to protect me from her! ;)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
They also help with floor washing by getting water all over the floor whenever they get a drink!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Too funny. The first picture of Emma looks just like the "The Dog" photos.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
With very little training, they are an excellent as a prewash cycle for the dishwasher. And, they keep the floor clean of any crumbs that might attract ants and other pests...

·
Registered
48 Posts
LOL....Ah, those pics and this thread just made my day!! Very funny! Let's not forget the other jobs that Basset Hounds do for us:

1) Firehouse Drills -- You mean that 2am siren is NOT my Basset Hound howling at the cats upstairs?

2) Olympic Gymnasts -- Whenever our Bassets lie down, they're sure to kick their feet out behind them or do a side split.

3) Yoga Guru -- If you think a Basset Hound can't possible stretch any longer, just watch one on a leash when a squirrel is running in front of them.

4) Cardiologists -- I can't think of any other thing that makes my heart smile bigger than watching my Basset Hound plot and scheme to get our other two dogs' bones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts