Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Wow! A true Portuguese "woofing" hound. Too cute. I can only imagine what they are saying. I have "some" spanish knowledge, but Portugues is somewhat different.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No.. I don't know who are this ad "stars"...
They are very funny TV ads (trying to sell a new phone service)... there are a few new but I can't find them online :-(

... and , yes its hard to follow Portuguese speach when you only know Spanish... even our "Brazilian" brothers claim they can't understand us... :roll:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
very cute, Vasco...lovely basset.

My daughter just spent 10 days in Lisbon. The pictures she took are so lovely. It's impossible to take a bad picture over there. Such culture, such charm... beautiful country. :)

Sandy

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... but I'm sure if you live here you would have a different oppinion and I'm sure your daughter had "some" complaints)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm sending this to my brother-in-law -- he's Portugese and will be able to understand what's being said, I'm sure.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I only caught bits and pieces of what they said because, as others have pointed out, Spanish and Portuguese don't always mesh (written, I can usually figure it out; spoken, NO WAY! :D ) But it sounded to me as if the critters were complaining they don't have telephones and the ad was saying this phone is so cheap everyone can have one. Is that close?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts