Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ohh that is just gross! haha Mine would love to sink their teeth into some socks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Porter loves socks, especially the super dirty and smelly ones. He loves it so much that he ate one... and pooped it out a day later.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Porter loves socks, especially the super dirty and smelly ones. He loves it so much that he ate one... and pooped it out a day later.

eeewwww!!! That makes it a super duper pooper sock!! :eek:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Catherine you are not alone. My dogs make it a sport to see who can keep the undies the longest before getting caught.

Once when I was 7, I took my socks off at my grandma's to go play in the yard. When we got ready to go home, I couldn't find my socks and my mom was furious with me. She was certain that I had lost them and I got chewed out all the way home. A couple days later, my aunt (who was also at my grandma's that day) called to tell my mom that her Alaskan malmute has the most interesting pink poop. He ate my socks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yep I can agree with you there -- although Paisley has a whole basket (well 2 ) of toys her favorites seem to be the taboo stuff sock and thong underwear... when she was a puppy she was known to hide them in her mouth and gulp them down when caught... after a frantic call to the vet we learned that a salt paste on the back of her tongue would produce results in 30 seconds -- upchuck and voila the thong. She has seemed to have outgrown the gulping but still cherishes each and every piece of underwear she finds.
Paisley will not play ball or fetch but our cat does and spent many a morning fetching and playing with his foam golf balls while Paisley slept -- that is until we discovered Paisley's cronic habit of shredding the balls when finding one. Now the cat plays with a string -- yep folks not just any string but a blue and white special string that he has had now for months. The string appears every morning carried by the cat and set at our feet to be thrown and fetched.---- so far old Pais just leaves the string alone.

·
Registered
517 Posts
WWORRMMIE!!! You are truly a boy!!!! By the way --- Pais doen't wear underwear -- she eats underwear (well used to) -- she prances around in her birthday suit and a pink collar!!!! (and they STILL call her a him)

·
Registered
972 Posts
lol i really got lucky that bowser doesn't like anything that smells strongly. i really thought he'd be an underwear and sock guy, but he just turns up his nose at laundry like "uhm, that stinks mom"..!

The ONLY thing this dog will search around the house for and steal, even though he knows he gets in trouble, is CHAPSTICK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts