Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all, i have some good news for you. Since we have some foster hounds here and they are outside waiting for regular foster homes, we have one that has gotten a yeast infection under his arm pits. I noticed this last night and put a homemade mixture on his arm pits with great success. The mixture is equal parts of listerine and babyoil. The listerine kills the yeast/fungus infection and the babyoil helps the listerine to adhere to the skin and also to soothe the skin. I have you know this worked wonders on his arm pits. Neither ingredient will harm your furbabies and surely isnt harmful to your pocketbook. Also, i have used this on my horses when they get fungal infections and also on kitten with fungal infections. It works wonders. Give it a try next time you have arm pit problems.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sounds great.....

but what exactly IS Listerine??
I hope I kan get it here in Norway!!

Tina of the Gang

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Listerine is a mouthwash here in the US. If you cant find it in Norway, maybe you could order it online? I buy the plain type for this, not any flavored varieties.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a Dash hound, Maggie that would get a yeast infection on her belly, under her arms and her face. I would bath her in Sellson Blue the dandruff shampoo - that really seemed to help her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts