Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of Miriam's bitches took winners bitch at the Nationals,what an honor. I'm excited for her!:D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Congratulations Miriam! I've been following the nationals on facebook and on the site. How about a brief explanation of where Winners Bitch from the Open class fits into things at a conformation show? That would be interesting to lots of us.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Thank you! I am absolutely beyond thrilled!

To put it simply, the non-champions are divided into males and females, and each sex is divided into classes; in this case 6-9 months, 9-12 months, 12-18 months, Bred By Exhibitor (dog must be handled in the ring by the breeder/owner), American Bred and Open. The winner of each class goes on to compete for Winners Dog and Winners Bitch, then WD and WB compete in the Best of Breed ring for Best of Winners. So Vina won the Open class, then Winners Bitch, then today she took Best Of Winners.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I just looked at the BHCA Website. Your bitch is up there with the BOB and BOS winners. Wow! as I understand it, she was the best of all the dogs and bitches there who had not already gotten their Champion title. Wow!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Congratulations! I love looking at all your dogs but she must be extra special.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats Miriam... it was great to meet you in person and get to talk to you. I was so excited to see you win after that long trip here. Hope it made the trip home like floating on air. I was excited as heck to make the first cut in Bitches in the Best of Breed ring but that's nothing compared to your win. Huge congrats again on that and all your other Q's and such all weekend.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Huge congrats again on that and all your other Q's and such all weekend.
There is no one that crams more dog center activity into nationals week than Mirriam between confirmation, obedence,rally agility, and one day when they do not conflict hunt test/field trials.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
There is no one that crams more dog center activity into nationals week than Miriam between confirmation, obedience,rally agility, and one day when they do not conflict hunt test/field trials.
Actually, I think Anne Testoni had me beat this year. She also did agility and rally with Noodles and Scooter.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah there were a few who were just a little crazier... and I thought I was nuts with trying rally and BOB. At least I felt like it. LOL

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yay!

Way to go Miriam! I've always liked your Bassets! Hope to see you in Kentucky, Belinda.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Still waiting for pictures..:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Ill post pics as soon as I unpack the trailer which hopefully will be tomorrow. I've been sick the last two weeks so I've only unloaded the necessities.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts