Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wworm where are you? Are you still snoozing in the nap contest?? Are your lips too sore to type from the kissing contest???Come-on where are you?????? You got to go on a BIG adventure and we had to stay home -- well actually I went to the beauty parlor and look pretty cute if I have to say so myself (smell good too!). Wwormmy report in we are wwworried about you and want to share your adventure. Did ya swim? Did ya????
Pais.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Miss Paisley, a boy doesn't kiss and tell...but Wworm, I will listen to any locker room talk you might have...how was the Ladies....and keep us up to date on all of the wonderful things you gots to do and see...I have to admit I am a little bit jealous....I try to go over and see the neighbor and I get brought home..geeezzz can't a guy visit....

~Woody Hayes

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Hiya basset pals! i'm here, i'm here... thanks, Pais, for checkin' on me... that was very sweet of you.

i was like RVW (ripvanwinkle) and have been asleep for 2 days.

well, guess what??? i got 2nd place in the Marathon Napping contest...! i was surprised and not expecting to win anything. i'll show you the trophy i got later in my pics. i think i want to do marathons like that when i grow up. or become a writer (you can see i have lots to write...)

i tried the swimming contest (have to go through a kiddy tub of water), but i refused to get in. well, whad'ya expect? i never been in water like that before.

there was a drooling contest, but my person said 'don't bother' cause i don't drool enough. i also tried the howling contest, but i never howled before in my short life, including that day, so didn't get very far. we were late, so i missed the kissing contest :( bummer. but... sleeping... that i can do :)

i made a good basset friend there named Low Fat and we played for a looooong time together. i'll show you a pic of us at it. they named him low because he's low and fat, because he's just gonna get fatter... but he's 1 1/2 yrs old, so we had a blast.

well, when i got home from the Basset Games, i was so pooped. my person thought it might be dangerous to try having me swim when i was soooo tired. plus it was a colder weekend and overcast. so, i did not get to try swimming this weekend :( but very soon, i hope.

hee hee... wanna hear about my eating adventures on the way up?? all this happened during different stops on my 8-hr car ride.

First, i found an apricot. my person let me chew on it, and was going to take it away when i got to the pit. surprise! i swallowed it whole including the pit, before she could take it..! hee hee. Second, grandpoppie was in the car and left a bag in there. it had a granola bar and crackers in it, and yup, i polished those off while they went to get bagels. Third, i got strapped in my seatbelt for a minute, so i wouldn't keep getting into the food in the car. no matter. i turned my long basset body around in the passenger seat and reached around to the back seat and ate the rest of my treats from my treat bag. yum yum. it was my culinary adventure.

ok, the last thing that happened was grandpoppie got mad at me because while we were on the freeway, my bootie shifted the gears of the car from Drive to Neutral. yikes. that was not so good. but we are ok. my person says we really need to get a different car. i say i want one like a jeep like Woody's and Bernie's...!

Woody my man, i am SO impressed by your St. Bernard story-- do ya got pics of your new love?

Paisley, do you have pics of your outing from the beauty parlor? i bet ya look beeyouteeful.

Boomah, love the studly black-and-white pic of ya. very nice.

Annie-- hope to see ya next time!

McFrecks-- i entered the raffle that had lotsa gift baskets. one had a thundershirt in it! if i won it, i would have sent it to ya.... but, i didn't win : (

well, those are my updates. i been outta commission till now, 'cause i was soooo tired. i bug my person for pics, but she hasn't gotten around to emptying the camera yet. i'll post pics when i get 'em.
--peace out, Worm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back WWormy ya had us worried and congratulations on your Napping Contest you are a boy after my own heart ..... I love sleeping in and sometimes I don't get up until 10 .... Mom says I should learn the last outta bed makes it rule!
Its a good thing you didn't go swimming in the big water bowl after eating all that stuff ..... you woulda sunk and needed a snorkle !!!!
Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend.
I would love post pictures of ay beautuutyfull self I just gotta get Mom to learn how do do it. Human sister will be home this summer (she is theater teacher) so mom says she will ask her to help put some up.
I had a mini adventure the other day. Dad has a sports car (the MGB) that he took out
this year for the first time in 11 years (Mom says he is going thru manopaws)Anyway its a cool green 2 seater rag top and the mom said that I had to go for a short test drive on her knee before I could go cruizing with my Dad.... so they buckeled me onto her knee and off we went ..... a zillion smells later we went to this place called Dairy Queen and Dad bought Mom a baby cone ...... she said I could have a lick ... ha ha I fooled her I had a BITE ... the whole top YUM YUM......was that good. Gotta love cruizin with my Dad (next time we'll leave Mom at home)
Pais

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Glad you had such a good time, and thanks for the compliment on the picture! Momma likes experimenting with the different settings on her camera. Drives me crazy sometimes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
wait to go my man Wworm.....and I wish I had pict of my girl st. bernice....but we was seperated before my ma arrived..(want her to see me as innocent:D)...

Pais..nice work on the cone...I do the same thing..so ma gets me a baby cone in a cup once or twice...love it....

Can't wait to see the Picts my pal...keep us up to date one how the swimming thing is going....

your pal in Drool,
Woody Hayes

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
she said I could have a lick ... ha ha I fooled her I had a BITE ... the whole top YUM YUM......
Advice from the late great Mr. tick a blue tick beagle and ice cream conosuire extrodinary. and he never had to rely on one of his slave buy him some or leting him have a lick . Nope Mr. tick was the last of the great ice cream con dogs.

1. have your slave move with in a block or two better yet next door to one of those places that sell ice cream. Not that soft serve whirly stuff real genuine ice cream that way you have lots more oppurtunities. Heck just sneek out the door and you can get your self a cone or two before they even know your gone.

2. pick your mark carfully. Avoid any one with vanilla you can score that any time go for an exotic flavor especial chocolate but more on the special properties of chocolate later,

3. go for a youngster under 5 is best but only if they have a cone. Bowls suck you never get free ice cream from a bowl.

4. onec you find your mark slink up to them all causual and just stare up at them looking cute and stuff. Be strong don't let on your after the cone. Make it look like you just want a pet. when you her "can I pet the dog" your in.

5 When they bend over to pet you guess what happens, yup that's right the cone bends with them once past 45 degrees the ice cream sitting on the cone rolls off and hit the ground., once on the ground it becomes yours all yours With enough practice you too can become the master of free ice cream.

6. be on the lookout for chocolate iice cream unlike ordinary ice cream it doesn't get dirty with it his the ground no sir-re bub when chocolate ice cream hit the asphalt it transmorms into that ice cream delicacy known as "rocky road"
that was always my favorite.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mikey T ! You are one smart fellow! But alas, my Dad says I only get ice cream on special occasions since I am a "full figured" girl and I "have ta watch my girlish-figure"
Can I come and stay at your house if they go on holidays????? I have another plan -- across from the ice cream place there is a new place that sells Beaver-Tails (Soundtrack must know what they are) ---- maybe I can convince Dad that they are MEAT (its a secret but the are oooowy, gooey fried pastry -- but don't tell Dad) or maybe we can get a poutine. Oh Mikey maybe you can come up here and bring all of the pals and we can have a gormet get-away weekend. Then after you can whip us back into shape with all that agilty stuff you do. Is it a plan????

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahh --- I hafta tell ya. Mom is technolgically impaired. In other words a dumb brunet (bet yathought I would say blond) . She is going to work on my human sister or Dad to help her post some just as soon as one or the other stays still enough for her to bug. Its raining, raining and raining here so maybe Dad will help tomorrow. I'll give you a description of myself for now. I am black and white and chocolate brown. I have long, soft luxurious ears and big brown eyes and long lashes and a nice shiny black nose. I have big feet and very short legs and a nice white flag on the end of my tail. I have a lot of freckles on my pink belly. I do look a lot like you but I am a Canadian Girl but my Mom was an American Girl who looks a lot like me and Dad is a BIG Lemon fellow from Canada. I guess I am a dual citizen. I'll try to get Mom to post picts asap.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ms. Paisley,

I do like the pretty basset girls.....and you seem like you would be very, very pretty.....me and Wworm..well we is buddies.....and buddies think alike (although I have never eaten a peach pit or the like, though I did steal and eat an ice cream stick....but I digress).

Hopefully we can all be snuggle buddies....can't have too many of those..eh, fellas';)

your admirer,
Woody Hayes...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
hee hee... it's true. we can't help it but like purty basset girls. they are sooooo cute! (hey, we're not the only ones on this forum saying that...) blame it on nature, i guess-- i hear it's due to hormonze....
--Worm & Woody :cool:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts