Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've had scratches, and a bite or two (really only about two, thank goodness, while in play) but this morning Bowser jumped on the bed, right when i leaned over and his top-knot hit me right above the eye. He just kept going and didn't care but i felt like passing out! It's been hurint ALL day, even after asprin, and i have a HUGE purple BUMP there! It HURTS!! LOL i never realized how much i raised that eyebrow before.

so, just wondering, anyone else have a basset wounding story? I mean where you basset has wounded you *lol*

·
Registered
608 Posts
Unfortunately, this is an all too familiar story.:( ...Starts with a scratch, then a bite, then a full blown head- butt.

Take my advice, pack up and flee to your nearest B.B.R. (Bullied by Bassets Refuge) They have them all over the country now and they will offer you sanctuary any time night or day.:)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Winston got me the other day! I was nuzzling him and he was loving it (shhh...don't tell his fellow Brat Pack members), then he decided it was play time and whipped his head around and his tooth hit me in the lip. No swelling, thankfully, but once Molly did that as a baby and took a chunk out of my chin. Right before work. I prayed it didn't start swelling or bleeding while I was in front of my students lecturing.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I had a terrible time when I first got Barney with the puppy biting. I was constantly covered with 6-7 bandaids. Evidently I took him home way too early (7 weeks). I couldn't pet or play with him without tensing up, which didn't help, and several times considered sending him back..but....it took 2 months, alot of patience on both our parts, and he is now the most gentle dog around....well, until he bounds on me while I'm napping in my lawn chair. He has this thing about laying across my neck.....this is a scary feeling!:eek:

·
Registered
209 Posts
i am covered in scratches from the girls. I was holding one of them whent they decided that they wanted to get down. Their back foot nails cut through the shirt and accross my chest. It looked like I was caught in a knife fight!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It's time I finally came forward about my abusive basset. I've enabled his behavior for too long. For 13 years now I have had matching paw-shaped bruises on each thigh from where Lightning has stood on me so I could give him ear scritches. People see the bruises and ask Why didn't you just leave? But I couldn't. I love him and I think my love will change him!

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's time I finally came forward about my abusive basset. I've enabled his behavior for too long. For 13 years now I have had matching paw-shaped bruises on each thigh from where Lightning has stood on me so I could give him ear scritches. People see the bruises and ask Why didn't you just leave? But I couldn't. I love him and I think my love will change him!

Finally, one who can stand up(Or sit down and type) about their abuse!
This has been a great meeting everyone. tea and biscuits are at the end of the room. If your abusive dogs are waiting for you at home, remember: YOU ARE THE MASTER! let your voice be heard!

lmao. Lightning&stomps = hilarious.

Hank does leave his own various marks on me.. toppling over me when i'm sitting on the floor is his favorite thing to do.. Then the occasional "drag me across the floor by my hair" when the opportunity arises

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Am told there is a "safe house" down the street...run by the gentle goldens.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was play kicking at Doppler (I didn't connect it was more like me pushing him with my foot) and he leaped up and wrapped my leg up with his front paws. His dewclaw cut the crap out of my leg. It started gushing blood and hurt like a b*tch! Of course I didn't yell at him because it was my fault and to see him standing there looking at me with his wide golden eyes was so pitiful. Once I settled down and got the cut bandaged he was all over me with licks. There's still a scar on my leg as a reminder.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I try to keep the nails short but on a puppy it is almost impossible.I have my share of bruises and scratches from Page,and from the whole litter when they were all here. I try not to "rough " her up which keeps all that to a minimum.I will play with her but it is calm not frenzed. When she gets too excited I stop playing till she is calm again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I've finally found an animal with a head hard as mine, Ollie was moving away from his food dish as i was moving toward it and we both saw stars. Multiple scratches, brusies and my personal favorite(not) the biting of the hair.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*lmao* oh deer, i didn't realize my confession would result in so many stories of abuse! i did forget that one time he head butted me in the nose...it hurt for MONTHS. lol i think he cracked it! I really do try to stay far away from that head when he's feisty. but if you've seen his bed twirling videos, i'm sure you can understand how accidents happen!

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL. I had to go to the hospital for a procedure and they seen the brusing on my legs from Winnie jumping up on me. They were concerned and asked if there was anyone at home I was afried of. I told them "MY PUPPY". I still dont think they belived me.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I am constantly covered in bruises. My husband is afraid that someone will think he's beating me. This was the biggest one. Practically a perfect pawprint.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have what I've been calling a "Ninjury" to my right shoulder. It was the victim of a sudden hard leash yank in a strange position, courtesy of Ninja. It's weird because I'm pretty used to my arms being pulled around by bassets, but this particular time, something just went very wrong. It happened back at the beginning of May, and my shoulder has never been the same since. For the first couple months, it was very painful all the time. Now, I've just gotten used to the discomfort when I move the arm in certain positions, and I don't have nearly the same range of motion that I used to.

Oh, and Scully never managed to injure my hubby or me other than the odd head-butt here and there, but she did do a good job on my mom. She pulled her right off her feet when she took her out for a short walk, and caused my poor mom to crack a few ribs. I felt so bad!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts