Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid my breeder for my puppy and she re-sold him to someone else cause she didnt know my deposit was in her account.....does anyone know what i can do about this?? She wont give me my deposit back cause she said its non-refundable..but there isnt another puppy in her litter i would like.. and she wont tell the other people who bought the dog they cant have him.. How unfair is that? I cant believe she did that to me..:confused: i really wanted another blue basset :( but i guess im going to have find somewhere else to get another one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't you have some legal recourse in this? If you paid a deposit for a specific puppy and she accepted the deposit, isn't she obligated to make it right?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Echo AWWW that is nuts! What does the breeder mean no refunds when they actually have your money???? I think perhaps if there is no other pup that you want you can make some kind of call to someone (police?) to at least get your deposit back. Is it the same breeder you got Smuttley from?? If not you don't have to be nice..... if so maybe you don't have to be that nice either!!! Threaten and at least get your $ back so you can find another buddy. Let us know what happens please.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Awww... whata bummer. Would definitely get the $100 back and then go elsewhere with it...
--Worm

ps. my galfriend Paisley's in Ontario too-- maybe she knows where to get bassets too??? dunno, justa thought

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Tell her she'll be hearing from your lawyer if she doesn't return your deposit within 24 hours- then follow through.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
You could take her to small claims court.The right thing for her to do would have been to contact you first because she knew you were interested and ask if you had submitted a deposit yet. But she didn't!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Do they have a website?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I paid with a credit card, I would first call my bank and claim it as a fraudulent charge (it was -- she fraudulently charged you for a service or good you did not receive). If you get your money back that way, awesome, and find another breeder. If you don't get your money back from the credit card or bank (or if that doesn't satisfy you ;)), take her to small claims court. Be careful, though, because legal fees could cost more than the settlement you would receive.

Did you sign a contract or just pay a deposit? Because if you didn't get something in writing, you may have a hard time proving in court that she violated an agreement. Any email correspondence would be critical in this case.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Yikes red flags galore

permoting blues as desirable and at a higher price is all that need to be said.

Been the smal claims route there is no enforcement If someone doesnot want to pbay they won't court order is not worth the paper it is written on. To get your money back ther only way to do so is be more of a pain than the cost of the deposite. Call every night a 11-12p 1 am looking for the deposit return, Start a anti-
HUSHHH PUPPY BASSETS n KEESHONDS website using the same meta keyword etc so anyone searching for them also gets anti -site. Hell the cost of the anti-site just might be worth double or triple the deposit.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
She mentions the blue puppies are very desired by breeders,uh, not responsible good ones. The thing is she has these litters now and blues in them she has probably said you can get one of those since you put the deposit down and she sold the other puppy.Not much to fall back on there.She has a replacement puppy available which is probably what she thought when she sold the one you wanted. Picking out puppies at two weeks old - who does that? Patterens of color change in the next 8 weeks at least,you have no idea what the puppy will look like but then I guess some don't really care.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
.Not much to fall back on there
I disagree I think You are perceiving the contract deposit much how it works in show breeding Where some will leave deposit with a breeder that does not have a litter on the ground for a puppy in the future for that breeder, Basical holding a spot in the waiting list If the litter produced does not have a dog that the person who put the deposit down the simply pass on that litter and move up toward the head of the line on the next litter. That is clearly not the intent hear as clearly state on the web site "SO PLEASE BE SERIOUS AND COMMITTED WHEN YOU PICK OUT A PUPPY AND PUT YOUR DEPOSIT ON THAT PUPPY!! " the deposit is for a particular dog it is part of the contract so when the breeder can not produce that dog the have voided the contract and are under obligation to return the deposit. To force the consumer to get a different dog would amount to a fraud a serious crime in having the consumer pay for and buy different product than the one promised. There is a good legal case for getting the deposit back The thing is in most low dollar amount the legal system is such that it is not effcient in dealing with such realitvelly small some that cost exceed any money that one might get. As sad as it is the recourse that are cost effect are two.

1. chalk up the money as pay for a course in life leasons, and why reputation and ethic of the person you are doing business with are important.

2. become for of and A$$ than the person you have the dispute with It won't help your reputation but if the principal and then money are that important that is the only way to get it. if whem you ask and the person refuse to return what is rightly yours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my deposit back :) and i found another one ill be getting soon. ill post some pictures in new thread. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yay! Glad it worked out. How were you able to get your deposit back?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Very cool that you got your money back! How'd you do it? Good luck finding a new pup!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts