Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my hounds have been inching quite a bit lately. Any ideas of what could be causing this? Is it possible that they are just itching due to cold dry winter conditions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Murray's armpits have been really pink and itchy this winter, much worse than they've been in the past. When I mentioned it to the vet a few weeks ago, he thought it might be due to something in our house this winter;more dust or whatever-

He also mentioned that omega oil caps might help, but since I give Murray salmon on a regular basis I'm not doing that.

Figuring out what's going on with Murray's allergies and skin at any given time is almost a part-time job for me :blink: !

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was concerned that moving from humid Virginia to Colorado might have some effect on my dogs. This is our second winter and despite pretty consistently cold temps and year-round humidity that is often less than 20 percent (and gives me some sinus trouble when we turn into winter) the dogs seem not to have noticed. So maybe it's some kind of dust/allergen/mite rather than just the cold and the dry.

·
Registered
77 Posts
HI
I put Linatone Plus on Brandys food. We ran out a few weeks ago and she started itching so I had to run out and buy a new bottle and she stopped itching again. I get it at petsmart.

Stephanie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts