Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We have 10 month old Basset named Lola. We love her so much but I have some concerns. She is sooo Hyper and can get aggressive. We have 2 small children and Lola jumps on them and nips (not trying to hurt then but she does) and she nips at my husband and I and jumps on us. We keep trying to play with her and cuddle and pet her but everytime we do she gets so wild and hyper nipping and everything. I take her for walks and she gets lots of exersize in our backyard. A friend suggested spray bottle for when she jumps but that doesnt seem to work. She doesnt listen at all. I know bassets can be stubborn . We love her so much and dont want to lose her, but at the same time I cant have her hurting my kids. Any advise? We want her to be a good family pet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your suggetions they were very helpful! We will continue to work with Lola Lu! I know she is still a puppy and she just gets so excited and not realizing how large she is jumps. Our kids are 3 and 1 so she can over power them very easily. She is sweet but hyper ha. I am hoping with time and training the hyperness will calm down!! She is a beautiful dog by the way! She is a Lemon basset! I have never seen one before she is just beautiful.
Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.