Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to rescue a basset hound. We recently lost our 11 year old husky mix and are ready to rescue a pal for 2 year old wiggiman. If anyone knows of one, in the new york area, please write. I did put an application in the Tri-state organization.
maryf

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
From personal experience with Tri-State, I would give you a heads up to be persistant in contacting them. They are a good organization, but rely on volunteers who sometimes don't have the time to contact everyone quickly. Don't give up on them. And I think it's great that you're considering a basset from a rescue organization- good luck!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I have volunteered for them before. I am new to actually doing a rescue. Should I call to just follow-up. How are the other rescues. For example, abc upstate or the one in conn.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I would definitely call to follow up if you don't hear from them in a reasonable amount of time. I don't know anything about the other groups you mentioned- maybe someone else will respond to that part of your question-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts