Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit it's so hard to see Lea sleeping on her blankie on the floor when I know she would be so much more comfy on the bed and it's not for lack of trying.

My 1st dog came from a puppy mill. I didn't know it at the time but found out soon enough. She lived to be 3 years old and was always sick. Near the end she lost all bladder control and used to pee on my bed regularly.

When I got Kit I seriously debated if I should let him up on the bed or not. I decided not to. Turns out 5 years later he starts having epileptic fits where he falls off his futon and empties out everything... anal glands, pee, etc.

So, even though Lea looks pitiful with her big brown eyes I'm happy I didn't let my dogs on my bed.

Lou

A

·
0 Posts
The dogs sleep on the bed and my wife and I get whats left over. We're just happy that we aren't sleeping on the floor LOL

C

·
0 Posts
Louie can't get up on my bed because it is too high. He has the leather couch, the nice big soft arm chair and his own bed. He rotates between the three.

When I was younger, my friend let her lab sleep in her bed, and we always got flea bites.

My golden retriever Biscuit didn't want to sleep in the bed at all!

A

·
0 Posts
What, CM, you never heard of stepstools? I, unfortunately, have completely given over one couch to the little darling, and most of my bed. Most of my furniture is covered with old sheets I call, "Franny rags" which I pull off when company comes.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My Rosie sleeps with me, but Lily I thought I might let her try it because I do have room, but she growls if your foot invades her space so until her alpha issues are resolved, she is not allowed on the bed.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL I love that picture of Dozer does he look comfy or what?

Rubydoo, you are right even on the bed she would look pitiful.. she has tried a couple of times once when I was IN the bed. Her game plan is to jump up and immediately pretend she's sleeping. It's one battle she isn't going to win however....

Lou

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'd love to have George sleep with us, but it's too high and when I put up a step stool for him, he just hogs the space for a few minutes to be polite and then goes to bed on the couch. He doesn't really want to share. LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a bed for Chip and Dip in our bedroom, my vet told me when I first got them, that it was not good for their backs for them to be jumping onto high things such as beds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts