Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rescued our 8 yr. old girl 3 years ago and she constantly surprises us with different facets of her personality, which we usually figure is an evolving trust thing. About 6 months ago she started running to her bed and humping the edge of it after eating or getting treats. She will even go into the bedroom where she has another bed and continue in there.
Never saw this with our other girls, or boy, for that matter. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Mine always had mad moments after being fed ..... feeling good although that didn't involve humping! I'd not make too much of all this. Just call her a silly girl, and take her attention onto something else. Clearly she must have got into the habit of doing this during the 5 years before you had her. Perhaps pent up energy!! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine always had mad moments after being fed ..... feeling good although that didn't involve humping! I'd not make too much of all this. Just call her a silly girl, and take her attention onto something else. Clearly she must have got into the habit of doing this during the 5 years before you had her. Perhaps pent up energy!! :D
My boy acts goofy after being fed too! I think he‘s celebrating. He get on the bed and roots around until his head is under the covers or a pillow and then he barks while wagging his tail. It’s the strangest behavior. I’ve never seen another dog do this, including my previous two bassets. I tell him he’s a weirdo but let him go on about his business.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow my 11 month puppy is doing something similar. After eating a meal she jumps up and tries to hump my arm. Then when I push her away she tries to nibble at my sleeve. I try to stay away from her after she eats lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts