Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it isnt just me who has asked these questions [repeatedly] but i thought i would let you know some of the things that Henry does and you can all add your own -please... it will make me think Henry isnt the only one with special habits!!! - or find an explaination for us!

So here goes...
Why does my basset
1. Steal the laundry fabric conditioner sheets
2.Only eat airforce socks - all others are safe
3. Drink the last inch of my coffee everytime without fail
4. Go insane for spaghetti
5. Need his teddy bear to be able to sleep
6. Suck his ears
7. Lay upside down and 'swim' in mid air
8. Drink beer

I really hope you all have special bassets too!!:rolleyes:
Victoria and Henry

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Hi Henry & Mum:

#1. i do that all the times, too! my person doesn't know why i take them & eats them. i know why but i'm not telling her.

#7. we r just stretching.

question. why do us bassets look so darn cute in everything we do???
(it's just not fair to all the other breeds)

answer. oh well, life's not fair!!
--that's what i think-- hee hee, Worm

·
Registered
282 Posts
9. Drinks my sweet tea whenever I leaving it sitting to where she can get it...
10. When I want to take a picture of her, look in the opposite direction of the camera...
11. Decorates the backyard with my laundry, including underwear...
12. I understand the desire to hunt down flies and other insects, but why mull them in your mouth and pick of their wings? Is it necessary to play with them first?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Maggie and Daisy said yes it is necessary to play with them first. They pull the legs off the crickets. But they won't tell me why they chew things with glass such as eyeglasses and cell phones.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yes unlucky 13
why does my basset eat glass - hen ate a mirror - and not get sick but expensive dog food makes his tummy hurt!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
bowser has never sucked his ears *LoL* he most of the time just pretends they're not there. Doesn't swim in the air either, though he dose sleep on his back a lot. Dryer sheet...totally get that one..it's cuz it smells good and like mama and dada!

·
Registered
762 Posts
We had to switch to the dryer bar because I couldn't keep her from stealing & eating the dryer sheets. Seriously it's like they're basset hound crack or something! PS: Lovin the dryer bar by the way.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Only drags dirty underwear out of the laundry basket when we have company.
Steals my red neck pillow whenever I turn my back.
Refuses to pee anywhere outside.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Princess Buttercup - i would switch to a dryer bar but i had a moment of coupon maddness and stockpiled sheets to last a year!!!
Baby Bowser, Henry totally recommends you try upside down swiming and sucking your ears!
Catherine, Henry wont pee inside but since we put a roof on his outdoor rn he now classes that as indoor so waits until he has been freed to pee!
And the reason the drag underwear out in public is to clearly make us pay for all the nasty things we do to them!!! [by nasty please read bath, clean ears, do nails etc!]

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
And the reason the drag underwear out in public is to clearly make us pay for all the nasty things we do to them!!! [by nasty please read bath, clean ears, do nails etc!
Personelly I dont think so I think you need to consider the fact there is an audience. Basset tent to be hams and play up to an audience, If they can get a reaction from a large group a people they will continue the behavior. This is going to be long but I don;t know how to shorten the story

Many years ago tough was involved in an agility demo on Martha vinyard. Any one famillar with the Vinyard knows it is an island and only acessable by ferry. Sine I had a business with a truck which was the right size for hauling all the equipment over tough and I with out 4-5 othe dog owner and 1015 other dogs went the night before and stayes at a cabin one by one of the people running the fair the demo was being held at.

in his own house toughy was non for being all bark and no anything else so allt the other dog ignored him. But when he trieds his big boy bar on these other dog wooo the listen my what fun spending all night telling bC and austrial shepard what the could and could not do. great fun but little sleep. He was oviously tired the next day So in about the third demo of the day toughy had a lit touble making it up the A-frame the anounce suggested the the corwd incourage him when he reached to top I swear he took a bow. After that day a many a trial when he had an euthisiuast and large crowd chearing for him he would pull the I don;t think I can make. it up the a-frame stunt did help him make course time bur he reveled in the chearing when he reached the top.

So why does the do only run around with undewear when you have a houseful of quest. Because it want to be the life of the part thats why. and help you make the party memorable.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mikey you are great!!! Now please just solve the swimming upside down action and the eating laundry sheets please!!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the knee high green socks my husband has to wear with his air force uniform! I may be English but i joined the darkside and married an American!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was young, drunk, he promised me new basset hounds!!!! But dont worry i still get care packages of Yorkshire tea and chocolate sent to me by caring friends lol!!! Yes they are quite literally socks belonging to the airforce, or Henry depending on how you look at it! He thinks they are delicious, good for worrying and throwing around the house and even better when they are attatched to daddys unsuspecting feet!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cadbury chocolate I hope haha! Hector likes socks too he is indiscriminate as to their style so long as they have been warn.

He also has a thing for licking exposed legs especially when you have just been in the shower or bath. He did lick a random joggers legs who was stood infront of me once, I was mortified.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe we should send you some AF ones!!! Hen only likes them freshly laundered! He wont touch dirty socks! He Also likes licking strangers! I like to think its his way of telling them to take a bath. And how i wish he would just lick my legs post shower, instead he thinks if he joins you in the shower it is much more fun, and i find nothing amusing about a surprise basset attack mid shower!

1 - 20 of 116 Posts