Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was too funny not to share.
When I got out of the shower the other night, this was the sight that greeted me.
My laughing didn't wke either one up :)
Now, what's wrong with this picture?:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Molly loves sleeping on the sofa all night. She pushes me off when she's ready to call it a day. No place left to go except bed. I need a bigger sofa!

Good to know I'm not the only one...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have to laugh...I just remembered this story. Last fall, I was walking Molly in the park and some lady came over to meet her. Now Molly was only about 4 months old and a happy, jumpy puppy. She was still learning her manners (and still is at 7 mos!). The lady started to tell me what I needed to do to teach Molly her place and how to behave. One of the things she said was to never let her on the sofa. I politely said that's something to consider and we carried on with our walk. If that lady only knew what it was like to be owned by a Basset!

·
Registered
973 Posts
We don't allow bassets on the sofa. Bassets allow us on the sofa.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started very firm in my rule of,"No puppy on the sofa, ever".
Then I decided that puppy could be on the sofa and nap with me. But only when napping with me.
Then I decided that puppy could be on the sofa but only for sleeping at night and naps; even when I'm not present.
Then I decided that puppy could go on the sofa anytime she wanted.
Now....puppy is on the sofa and we're on the floor. Or at least my fiance is :cool:

Boy, am I glad I stuck to those house rules. I still say no puppy on the bed. I'll let you all know in 2 months how THAT turns out .

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
There is nothing at all wrong with that picture, everything is exactly as it should be

Love, the Bassets

·
Registered
762 Posts
Oh how the rules change: 1. She has to ride in her kennel at all times in the car. Now she stands up in the front seat until her heated seat warms up. 2. No dogs in the bedroom. How did her bed end up at the foot of the bed? 3. No dogs in bed. 3.5 No dogs in bed unless were on vacation. 4. No dogs on furniture. 4.5 No dogs on furniture unless they just had a bath, ask nicely, or are just too cute. 5. No people food. 5.5 No people food unless it "falls from the heavens." 5.75 Cheese & Peanut Butter are OK. Why does the dog come running when the rice cooker clicks off?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Don't see a think wrong with the pics, nope, everything looks perfectly in order.

·
Registered
275 Posts
A peacefully sleeping basset, a beautiful sight!

It's good that your fiance has learned his place before you exchange the rings!

·
Registered
48 Posts
LOL adorable. :) We got a new couch and one of them scratched it (leather) so now we have a suede-looking seat portion cover for it. I still say they may not be on the couch but that will probably change. Same with the bed. New puppy has a comfy bed on the floor next to our bed and she never really complained much. We just say Lucy let's go to bed and she goes to her bed. At some point I am sure I will ruin that since The lab and Shepard/Greyhound sleep on the bed. My biggest worry is her hurting herself by jumping off the bed, so I'm trying to stick to that one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
We don't allow bassets on the sofa. Bassets allow us on the sofa.
I love this forum! Just when you think you've got the craziest dog on the planet, you come here and are reminded that no, we have a basset. Last night was classic- the hubs tried to move Fergus so they could spoon and that lasted about 10 minutes. Fergus got off the couch and started barking at my husband. As soon as my husband got up, guess who stole the couch and laid out fully again? It was like he said, "no, I don't want to share."

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh how the rules change: 1. She has to ride in her kennel at all times in the car. Now she stands up in the front seat until her heated seat warms up. 2. No dogs in the bedroom. How did her bed end up at the foot of the bed? 3. No dogs in bed. 3.5 No dogs in bed unless were on vacation. 4. No dogs on furniture. 4.5 No dogs on furniture unless they just had a bath, ask nicely, or are just too cute. 5. No people food. 5.5 No people food unless it "falls from the heavens." 5.75 Cheese & Peanut Butter are OK. Why does the dog come running when the rice cooker clicks off?
Love it! These "rules" follow the same pattern in our house... :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts