Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oops I meant "How much" is too much water!

I was wondering how much water other hounds drink. I'm worried that Snoopy might be drinking too much water. He has one of those automatic refilling water bowls and I'm thinking of switching back to an old fashion bowl. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
With summer approaching and the weather warming up everyone, bassets included, ;) needs to drink more water to stay hydrated. What makes you think he's drinking too much? Is he having accidents in the house?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Copper drinks a lot of water at one time, but only once or twice a day. We have one of those automatic filling bowls too, and I swear he can drink a third of it at a time!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
All of ours drink a lot of water when the weather is hot - and it's definitely getting hot! They also drink a lot when they come in after running around like crazy houndies in the yard. I wouldn't worry about it unless he has other symptoms.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Rusty & Stickers seem to drink at the same time out of the same bowl :rolleyes: I swear they are connected at the hip!! Anyway, they only drink a couple times a day but drink the whole bowl each time!! My Maggie Mae (ATB) did the same thing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fred drinks 2 whole bowls of water a day. He will drink more sometimes but I don't keep water from him. He is VERY active and energetic, so I think he knows that he needs it. When I take him on a walk, he'll drink 3 bowls that day. I think that's why he has been able to maintain a healthy weight. He is 11mths and 44lbs. The vet is amazed at how he has maintained a healthy weight, but Fred gets plenty of exercise, eat 2 bowls a day, and he drinks plenty of water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts