Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any dog toys or snacks from Walmart safe? If so, can you suggest which ones to get? Id also like to get a metal crate, are any crates from Walmart good? Im also looking into buy a dog bed as well. Id like to buy everything at walmart for simplicity

Thanks!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I'm in Walmart and looking for things to get the dogs, I try to avoid the stuff made in China. There have just been too many problems. Of course that eliminates most of their stuff! I noticed that they have been carrying Rachael Ray's treats, which are good and the proceeds go to help homeless dogs.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I agree with not buying anything made in China. And I avoid rawhide completely. Supposedly, those made in countries other than the United States use bad stuff on them. But that's not why I don't give them: Back when Lightning was young and before I knew better, I would give him the rawhide "bones" tied at each end. He would work on those things until they were soaked through and very pliable. Then he would try to swallow them. After two or three times of having to stick my hand down his throat to pull out rawhide wads that were stuck in his throat and blocking his breathing, I finally got the message to cut out rawhide completely. Luckily I was with him when it happened, or Lightning might not be around today.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with not buying anything made in China. And I avoid rawhide completely. Supposedly, those made in countries other than the United States use bad stuff on them. But that's not why I don't give them: Back when Lightning was young and before I knew better, I would give him the rawhide "bones" tied at each end. He would work on those things until they were soaked through and very pliable. Then he would try to swallow them. After two or three times of having to stick my hand down his throat to pull out rawhide wads that were stuck in his throat and blocking his breathing, I finally got the message to cut out rawhide completely. Luckily I was with him when it happened, or Lightning might not be around today.[/b]

Thanks for the replies. So even toys made in China are not suitable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts