Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where to really begin to find just what we are looking for. As some of you know, we just lost our darling Gracie to Lymphoma. We know we will be looking for another Basset to spoil and cherish. We thought about rescue, but at this time we feel that we would always compare an adult to Grace and that would not be fair to the Basset. Our plan at this time, it to raise a pup, to fall in love all over again, and at a later date rescue an adult.

So, for now, this is what we want.

~We are in West Michigan, but will travel up to a few states away to pick her up.

~Euro, or denser bone structure with short legs preferred but will consider American too, especially if the parents are on the denser side.

~Red and White, or Yellow and White.

Female (a male might be considered too)

~We have no problems signing a Spay contract since this will be a very babied companion and will never be bred. We will be spaying regardless.

~Cost is not really an issue. We want a healthy pup from a reputable breeder. We will not support a mill or pet store.

It is VERY likely that I will be socializing the puppy early to be involved in the pet therapy program at the local hospital. This program consists of Hospital volunteers bringing in their trained and tested canines into the hospital, nursing home, or home care setting to provide patients with the joy of petting and loving on animals where they normally would not get the chance. because of this obedience lines are a plus but not a necessity since I can usually work wonders with a dog. Also this pup will likely be trained to track things for its own amusement. :) Gracie loved to do that and was not from a tracking line.

So, does anyone know of a good place to start looking, or have any ideas on matches for the criteria? All criteria are negotiable, just listed as optimal. Above all this pup will be a genuinely cherished indoor,sleeping on the bed, super babied Basset. :)

Thanks for any ideas you may have. :)

Rob and Robin

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! We have a line on Euro Red and Whites about 3 hours from our house! I will post photos if this works out. A house with no Basset is no house at all. My husband sure needs a pup or he's going to lose it. We have so much love for a floppy eared friend. :) Don't get me wrong, we are still very sad but we will both be better off with a pup to focus on and train.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Good luck on your search for a new pup! I'm sure Gracie is watching over you guys and just wants you to be happy. Please post pictures when you find one.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I think the first new comment was just spam to show the website in their signature.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
When it's a really vague comment that could apply to anything, combined with poor English and a link, from someone who posts only once, I get suspicious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts