Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted an adult basset, Daisy, a few years ago and she is 62lbs of love! I got a puppy, Petunia, and she is now 10 months old. I'm wondering how long it will take for her to grow to her full size. She still seems so small next to Daisy! Any ideas?!

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I adopted an adult basset, Daisy, a few years ago and she is 62lbs of love! I got a puppy, Petunia, and she is now 10 months old. I'm wondering how long it will take for her to grow to her full size. She still seems so small next to Daisy! Any ideas?!

Thanks![/b]
She may always be small compared to Daisy. Basset hounds vary widely in size/weight. Our Dixie is heading for 6 years old and is only 42 pounds. Luke is a puppy and he already outweighs her and is longer than she is already.

We got Dixie after she was 5 years old so we do not know from personal experience, however all the Basset owners I have talked with say they continue to grow until 2 years old, though they tend to slow down in growth after the first year.

62 pounds is on the larger size for female Basset Hounds, I would not expect the same from Petunia, unless they have the same parents.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts