Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hiya Cindy,
Scully and I are former Toronto gals! :) I'm not much help with 'guidelines', but I can tell you that during both the hot summer weather and the really cold winter weather, I generally tend to give her shorter but more frequent walks. Once the temps get much past 25C (especially when you factor in the darn humidex) I'm always afraid to take her too far for fear she'll get heat stroke or burn her pawsies on the hot pavement. Although, she doesn't seem to care if she's overheating (or freezing in the winter). :blink: It doesn't get quite as hot and humid here in Vancouver, but I still keep her walks shorter when it gets into the mid-20's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Mary, downtown Toronto bassets are common, but in the suburbs, peeps hardly recognize our breed.[/b]
Very true! We lived in Etobicoke, and we only ever met one other basset. Scully got called a beagle or weiner dog on a daily basis. Either that, or people would ask "what IS that", with a look in their eye like she was an alien or something...lol. (Of course, now that we're gone, my parents keep seeing bassets there more often...figures.)

But in the wintertime with the snow I'm always conserned for my little guy's testicles. He keeps dragging them in the snow you know, that
can't be very comfortable[/b]
:lol: :lol: Poor Mr. Runcible!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.