Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Mature and basset are words that are rarely used together. I have one who was born old - but even she is not mature!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Physically or mentally? There are many variations, depending on the line and the dog. My Eloise was physically mature at the age of two. Edith Ann was three before I thought she was really show material. She's 4 1/2 now, and I hope to finish her this Spring.

If you mean mentally mature -- who knows! Just last week, Charlie, my 8-year-old, destroyed a roll of toilet paper. Wish I'd seen him doing it, because I'm sure he was very happy to be so successful :blink: .....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have to echo what Elvismom & Ruby_doo (AUS) said. :) Spencer will be 13 this summer, and I am still waiting for him to grow up! ;) He plays like a puppy, though his stamina is not as strong as it used to be - play awhile, nap awhile! :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
My Billy ( ATB) was born mature, in his mind. He was very unusual. He behaved like a wise, "old" dog since puppyhood.
His litter brother Ben, now 10 and a half has never grown up. He is still a 9 month old puppy, in his own eyes. ;)
The others are still behaving like puppies sometimes......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts