Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately Lightning has been passing very stinky gas very often. He was never gassy before. Nothing has changed, except that I've started mixing a little Nutro Lamb and Rice in with his Nutro Lite, in an effort to curb his poop eating (which seems to have worked). He's just turned 8, he appears to be in excellent health. Is it just an age-related thing? He wolfs his food down, and I actually massage his tummy after he eats to make him burp (easier and cheaper than bloat surgery. I need to get one of those dog bowls that slows down their eating, if I can remember where I saw it.) Could that be causing his problem?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
The worst smelling gas my dogs ever had was while they were on *lamb* and rice food. :eek:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting! I can't remember if the gas preceded the addition of the lamb and rice food, but maybe I'll withdraw it and see if the problem clears up.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The few days following the addition to Gibbs in our home in November (from a local animal shelter) he had TERRIBLE gas. I'm sure it was from food changes (he was a stray and then in the shelter so who knows what he was eating). He is still quite a gassy boy. He gets bouts of gas every now and then to the point that we have to turn all the fans on in the house and his very playful sister doesn't want to have any thing to do with him. I too wonder about his gassy days it comes and goes...

~Heather

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 3 guys are the stinkiest boys on the planet!!! They just seem to be gassy!!! It does come in very handy when I am in the living room and I hear the fart as they stretch to counter surf!!! I don't know why they are gassy they have not had any food changes or any other changes, they're just my stinky boys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts