Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After yesterday's frustrated post, today is a better day. I thought I would list things I love about Maggie - feel free to join in!

1. How proud she looks when she gets a stick on our walks, she walks with her head and her tail high and looks at you to show it to you - and then usually walks really close to hit the backs of your legs with it.

2. The way she makes happy groaning noises when she's comfy. No matter how many times you hear it you always smile (everyone else does too!).

3. Her freckles

4. How happy and social she is with other dogs. I've never heard her growl and usually her tail is wagging like crazy. She would be one happy pup if she could spend her day wrestling with other dogs.

5. Her big paws that she isn't toooo bad about letting me hold while I clip her nails.

6. Her basset crazy time - she runs laps around our house picking up different toys as she runs.

7. How she figured out to paw at the door and then steal her favourite seat back from you when you get up to open the door.

8. What a good communicator she is when she wants something. She'll stomp on your foot to try to get you to play, she'll bang her dishes around when her water is out, she'll jump up on you for a scratch after she has done something wrong (it's like she's making sure we all still like each other)

9. That she's so gentle with children. She sniffs around my 6 month nephew and you never worry about her being aggressive (although she might knock him over with her butt by accident, I don't think she knows where she stops)
I know there are a bunch more - but that's it for now

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just to compare to your list:

1. When I get home and open the closed off living room, Dozer hits me in the back of the leg with either a stick or bone.

2. Digger moans to let me know he want to be pet.

3. Digger's the only one with some freckles.

4. Both get excited when people or the neighbor's dogs walk by. They really got excited, when a Lab puppy came up to me while I was fixing the lawn sprinklers last week. They wanted to play so bad.

5. They run around too much, I only had Dozer's nails clipped once, and have never had to do Digger's nails.

6. Mine do a 3-4 lap Basset 500, from the house, out through their pen, to the end of the yard around the the shed, and all the way back inside using the couch as a back board to turn around and head back out.

7. Dozer will just push me off the chair.

8. When Dozer wants fed, he bangs on their bowls until they flip over. He goes to the next bowl once the other flips. I've posted the video of him doing that a couple of times.

9. Mine won't bite, but anyone under 100 lbs will be knocked over by their tonges.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1. The fact that ernest trusts me enough to post his pictures in the bath with his chicken on the internet
2. That ernest believes that one day he will run for president and win
3. Ernest at 50 lbs and 14 months still thinks he's a tiny puppy and will curl up to take a nap on your lap
4. That he loves his sister more than anything in the world
5. He can be trusted to guard the couch for up to four hours a time by himself now
6. He can use the internet better than most adults
7. In the dead of sleep I can remove his harness before bed and he does not snap and growl
8. At the dog park, he's a crazed running machine and can run for miles and miles
9. He's happy in a pack and being a solitary basset at home

·
Registered
219 Posts
That Sabian knows when he needs to comfort you
That Pearly really does think she is Queen and needs to be treated as such
I love when they snore
I love when I get home from work and you would have thought they hadn't seen you for a week
I love how Sabian gently takes treats from your hand and Pearly snatches like an alligator

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
7. How she figured out to paw at the door and then steal her favourite seat back from you when you get up to open the door.[/b]
Moe does that one. :D The first time he did it I was flabbergasted... I couldn't believe he was that clever!! :blink: Then I had to laugh. :lol: I love how different Bassets are!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts