Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Inside we keep a pretty good eye on her so Dixie hasn't gotten into much. Mostly paper and plastic bags.

Outside she has chewed up the black bamboo, a pear tree, an apple tree, two persimmon trees, roses, irises...(these were planted 1-2 years ago),all flower pots, two hoses, her food and water bowls, her brother's food and water bowls and the electrical wiring from the bottom of the camping trailer. :mad:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
When he was about 5 months old,saw small foot hanging out of Murray's mouth after nightime walk, started pulling and ended up with a 12 inch roadkill squirrel hanging from my hand, with Murray jumping around trying to get it back! :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
Huck ate:

60 fish oil pills (Omega 3)
Dentures (twice)
Eye Glasses
20+ One Bite Brownies
Stereo Wires
The head off a doll (granddaughter extremely upset)
Any number of stuffed animals

A

·
0 Posts
Sabian's best: Two lightbulbs and a bottle of ibuprophen (when I learned he could counter surf)
Pearly: 1 leather sleeve of a letterman's jacket
Beau: He hasn't chewed anything since I have owned him

There are the usual shoes ans underware that I ahve lost count of! yvonne

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Leroy chewed up several hats, the edge of coffee table and a collection of turkey beards.
Cooter chewed up two pairs of eye glasses, cords off several power tools, numerous plastic hangers, and the edges of carpet in the bathroom.

O

·
0 Posts
Inrider---what are turkey beards? Do I even want to know?

BTW, Oscar has eaten many socks and underwear, (all mine, never my mom's), chapstick, uh...bits of the corners of the walls in the kitchen, chewed up his nylon leash, he eats used bandaids and tissues (mentioned in other topic), has eaten $40, chewed up several hand towels, play doh (that sure was colorful), and my most favorite...he chewed on a fresh dead mouse butt that was sticking out of the trap (don't worry not a poison trap or anything) ...then he proceeded to run down stairs and kiss my mom repeatedly on the mouth before we had a chance to realize what he did, HA!

·
Registered
335 Posts
"Sweet" Miss Daisy Jayne can add the following list to her CV:

Carpet, a couch, dining chairs (she hasn't made much progress with them, thank goodness!), ballcaps, a sewing basket, fish food, algae tablets, birdseed, trash (esp. Kleenex & TP), probably 4-5 loaves of bread in her life span, donuts, a few shoes, my son's favorite Teddy Bear (now named Franken-Teddy due to my attempts at plastic surgery). She's unwrapped an entire stick of coughdrops--guess she didn't like cherry Hall's! She has a real liking for rubber lizards, too.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ben ate my wristwatch... and I saw him do it.

After almost to days, following him around while he was doing his "stuff", it came out by itself.

And would you belive it,- It still works, after more than a year........But the leather strap left something to be desired!

·
Registered
289 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOL!

Talk about the Timex that takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
When she was a puppy and teething, she ate an entire throw rug. But we taught her not to do that and she doesn't chew on anything we don't want her to get into.

M

·
0 Posts
Maggie Mae ate 2 strange things when she was a puppy. She once at an entire dried flower arrangement plus the bow!! Her breath smelled wonderful the entire day. Then she ate my nephew's sunglasses when he was little. The frame and all!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, Rusty & Stickers are past the teeting stage!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Amy, male wild turkeys (and every so often a female) have beards. It's length usually depends on the turkey's age, it's black, very coarse thick hair. My husband had a collection of them spanning several years, and he left the door open to his hunting room, and Leory ate them. Taught hubby to shut the door though...

A

·
0 Posts
Opus, eleven months old, limited edition Swatch watch, given to me my dear friend. I lay on the bed and cried, I called my husband-then fiancé in tears, resulting him in tearing home early clutching a bunch of flower(he thought I was traumatised-I was)
I got over it, but ever since then I have bought Opus a bone every Saturday, and he eats that. he has never destroyed anything else-except plastic bottles, but he is allowed them.

A

·
0 Posts
Claire has a somewhat impressive list:
The end of my matress for my bed, HUGE hole in it!
Cell phone antenna
Two chest harnesses from Pets Mart ($20 each)
Large section of the carpet of the home I used to rent
Brand new rug to cover the aforementioned section of the carpet
A couple of pens
Water bottles
Porkchop's food dish
Dalton's food dish
Her own food dish
Branches off my real Christmas tree
Part of a comforter
Sections of a thermal blanket
Left Nike tennis shoe
Shoe strings from that tennis shoe
And of course the usual socks and anything else that just happens to be left on the floor.

Claire also steals dish towels on a daily basis. I keep forgetting that she can counter surf, and she gets a hold of one, comes and shows me, then takes off running. Unfortunately I completely reinforce this behavior by laughing out loud..... oh well! Gotta love the little devils!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts