Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a hard days work or if we've been out shopping or something, we get home and snoopy runs to the door to greet uS as usual. generally by jumping up and making high pitch noises - very excited girl!

but as soon as she's said 'hello, you're back, so glad to see you' she then runs back to her bed, picks up a toy, treat or chewey thing and brings it to us and then runs off - as if she's is saying looks what i've got and you havent! she never guards anything or she wouldnt become aggressive if you took it off her.

does this mean anything? do you're bassets do it too? just wondering!

Clare

·
Registered
714 Posts
"I am sooooo happy to see you that I will give you my toy/chewie! Then I must do the Basset 500 to work off my excited energy." :p

Dudley does this almost daily, Minnie just barks at us until we pet her.

·
Registered
360 Posts
She wants to play!! She's happy and is trying to engage you in playtime or a chase.

Belly will do that anytime he's happy and feels like being chased. We run around with the chosen toy for a while until he decideds to go get another one. Or he'll take it to his bed and chew on it by himself.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Lightning does this too. He gets very excited that I'm home, then he grabs his favorite (and only, to be frank) toy, which is a nylabone knucklebone, and goes to town on it. That's about the only time I see him working on it. (It's his only toy because that's the only thing he can't destroy.) Stomps just does the happy dance and then goes back outside to continue discussing current events with the other dogs within hearing distance.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My two get excited for about 5 minutes when I get home, but then could care less that I'm home. Yesterday, Dozer did have to show me that he still had a treat left. He ran up to me and bumped my leg, and then nodded his head to show me his treat. It was like he wanted to show me that he was able to hide it from Digger all day. He took off after that and ate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts