Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here! My fiancé brought me home this puppy a month ago . She is AKC registered , four months old .Would love your input on her conformation .The Inverness Kennel Club Florida , secretary said she looks good from the picture but of corse has to see her in person .
Thank you for your time

Brittney Bray's Photos | Facebook

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
How old is she ?Did you get her to show?Who is her breeder we use to live in Florida and I know most of them. Why would you ask about my puppies if you already had one?

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I just get "content not found"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am very serious , for sure. @ cathy :-D . I will make an album ASAP. I have to go to my office . I am going to post a video right now though.

·
Registered
973 Posts
If you are serious about showing her, you should start preparing now. When we showed our bullmastiff we prepared him as a puppy by making sure he was okay with people looking in his mouth, etc. They also need to be very obedient so I would go to puppy kindergarten and obedience class as soon as you can. When you are training to walk on a leash, keep confirmation in mind. For example they should walk on your left side and next to you. A good trainer will know what to do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kirska thank you ! I am starting handling class at Inverness Kennel club late October. But I will start looking for a pup kindergarden .

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Did you get her from a breeder that shows? They would be the best person to help you, they would know how their pups develop.

Along with conformation showing, you might also want to consider the other events you can participate in, like obedience/rally, agility, tracking and field (not sure if there are field events in FL).

It's also a good idea to join your local basset hound club, that way you will have access to people with a lot of experience and knowledge to help you.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Look at the pictures of the show bassets on the web (like at the BHCA site under the Nationals results). Try to get a picture of her posed like that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts