Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many names everyone has for their dogs? My hounds name is Flash, but on any given day he is called all or a combination of:

Flash, Flashers, Flasherbasher, Rashers, Fat Basset, Lazyboy, Chewbacca, Chewy, Mama's Boy, Sweetie Pie, and probably a few others.

Do you think I'm confusing him? :p

·
Registered
761 Posts
Doppler gets called Doppleganger, Bud bud, and Jabud bud. Virga mainly gets called Virgal birgal, Little miss, Sweet sweet (my husband calls her this), and Little one. Silly puppies! Oh. And Virga will come when we call for Doppler and vice versa. But I don't think it confuses them. They get used to it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Molly is called Mollykins, Molly McMuffin, and most often called Mollycopter (I think it's from the sound her ears make when she shakes).

We have a cat named Sydney who we call Beans more than anything else. She actually answers to it now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
fred is freddie, freddie spaghetti, dummy, pain in the butt(my husband's pick) and freeloader(again my husband,lol). He loves her really those are his pet names for her.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ella is usually El, Smella, or Smells and Ringo is usually Dingo, Dingo Butt or Big Boy. Ella answers to pretty much anything that sounds like her name and Ringo answers to anything I say

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Ohhh I love this topic!

Annie Oakley: droopy drawers, princess, momma, lady, lady bug, pretty girl, wheezy jefferson, anne of green gables, miss thing, houndy magoo, weasel, boober, tits mcgee, boo, floppy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our basset goes by tulip, tulip rose, rosie, stinky, thing 2 (after thing 1, our other dog, has been called) and lil' b**ch (a term of endearment),

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Reading this brought back a funny memory of Spencer. He too had many names, but one I used often was "Stinky." It used to bother my mom & she would tell me if I didn't stop, he was going to think his name was "Stinky." We were out in the yard once when she was telling me this & Spencer was walking the perimeter & I yelled "Spencer." He kept walking. I yelled "Stinky," and he whipped his head around & looked at me. I had to laugh & admit to my mom that maybe he did think his name was "Stinky." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well Charlie's official name is "Charlotte Sue" and we call her Charlie.. but..

The other many names are:

Charlie girl, Charles, Chuck, Charles Mcgee, Pooch, to name a few:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our daughter has always loved the movie "The Little Rascals" - so she named our hound - Darla. On any given day she may be called Darla Gaye, Darla Louise, or DarDar.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts