Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
775 Posts
Stickers has been eating Eukanuba Lamb & Rice for almost 2 years. She loves it. It's about $42 for a 35 pound bag. She get some pumpkin & green beans for lunch everyday. It helps her empty her anals. Rusty was on the same food but after a long bout with mucous covered stool and no end in sight, he is on Vet prescription food. He eats Royal Canin Hypoallergenic Diet. It addresses skin issues, irritable bowel & pancreatic problems. He LOVES it and also produces much less stool and it's smaller & firm!!! The down side :eek: is 37 pounds is $82!!!!!!!!!! He gets a small portion of fresh green beans and carrots for lunch just to fill his belly since I cut back the portion when he went on the Royal Canin. It's higher in fat.

· Registered
775 Posts
Sharon: I fed low residue to my German Shepherd. I sometimes feel the same way about Rusty's Royal Canin. It is higher in fat than most but has put an end to his poop issues and he devours it. I just about fainted when I heard the price for the first time. But considering it's only him eating it and he gets 2 1/4 cups daily, it last almost 3 months so the price was easier to swallow :rolleyes:

· Registered
775 Posts
For lunch everyday, I give Stickers a palm full size of chopped fresh green beans mixed in with 2 palm size scoops of canned pumpkin. Make sure you don't buy the Pumpkin Pie Filling. It has added spices & sugar. Just plain Libby's Pumpkin. She loves her lunch and it has helped make her stool firmer :)

Rusty's lunch is palm size of chopped fresh green beans and a palm size of chopped fresh carrots to fill his belly and not add weight to him :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.