Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
We sometimes take our dogs to dog washes for fundraisers. They are so much easier to wash there vs at home.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
We have one of those at a co-op here. We have a walk in tub at home with a hand shower, so baths are easy, but if not, I'd definitely use it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Baths are extremely easy for both my boys. As soon as the water hits them they pretty much freeze in place except for the occasional yawn. Worse part about it is all the hair clogs up my shower.

After the bath is another matter, soon as they get out it is mayhem. Sausage 500's and Turkey fights

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I put one of those rubber drain sieves in when I bathe one. I have to use it myself because I have long hair. I don't know if it catches all the hair, but it sure gets a bunch.

·
Registered
761 Posts
We could definitely use a pet wash! We don't have a walk in tub so we have to heft ours into the tub. Virga is only about 30 pounds so she's easy. Doppler though, at 66 pounds, is a little more difficult. My husband hefts him in.

We also have a hair catcher in the tub. It does seem to catch most of the hair and fur. But every so often I have to clean out the drain. And after both of them are clean and wet, it's the Wet Basset 500! We have to work hard to keep them off the furniture while they're soaking wet.

I wish there was a dog dryer our there. I tried to dry Doppler with a blow dryer but it took forever, he hated it, and I was worried about it drying his skin out. So we just towel them off and let them air dry which for Virga takes about 10 minutes and Doppler takes about 3 hours to fully dry.

·
Registered
774 Posts
We have to work hard to keep them off the furniture while they're soaking wet.
I bought new furniture last year and went looking with a very specific list of requirements, including something that would be easy with the dogs. I ended up with some furniture that looks like leather, but is actually vinyl. I LOVE this stuff. Hair wipes off, everything wipes off with just a damp cloth. And it looks great.

It's a good thing because our three dogs do the same thing when they have a bath, a mad dash around the house! Do they feel good from the bath or are they celebrating having survived?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It's a good thing because our three dogs do the same thing when they have a bath, a mad dash around the house! Do they feel good from the bath or are they celebrating having survived?
I would say a little of both! I think they enjoy the bath more than they will will admit, so they have to put on a little show.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think they're happy to get away from it. Harley does the same thing when you groom him in any way because he hates it. Sometimes when we finish cleaning mud out of his paws or clipping his nails, etc. he just take off running and does laps through the house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts