Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is Spencer, wandering the yard in mid-February after our ice/snow storm.

And here he is today, posing with the blooming tulips.

And having a roll in the freshly cut grass.

Getting this picture was pure luck. He actually stopped to smell the tulips.

I am so happy spring has arrived. For some reason, this winter seemed extra long.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Spencer is just the cutest little guy! :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am so jealous, you have green grass and flowers, and it looks like a beautiful day. Were Michigan, most the snow has melted, still a few piles hanging around but the grass is still brown and no flowers. It rained all weekend and now their talking about a chance of snow this week. I can't wait for green grass and flowers.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Beautiful pictures of the handsome Spencer. Spring is trying to arrive here with greening grass and few buds on trees, but no flowers yet. Bogie Carter is more than ready and the shedding has begun.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I can now say...what a difference a couple weeks makes, in the opposite direction! Our 80 degree days changed to 30s with nights in the teens. We are breaking & setting record low temps. I have had to cover many of my budding spring plants. There are too many tulips to cover & they have been bitten by the frost. As I type this, Spencer is in my bed, snuggled under his Scooby towel.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Crazy weather, isn't it? The weatherman on the radio said that the high temperature on Christmas was 46 deg. (F) and today, Easter, it was only 41. Go figure. Francis and I spent the day curled snugly together while we slept (I work nights) but I feel for all the people who dressed up in their spring and Easter finery then topped it with down parkas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts