Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! We're still bouncing around upper British Columbia and playing with all the creatures. The other day we played with 2 Humpback whales for about three hours. They were totally awesome and came within 10' of the boat! The pics aren't great but they are very hard to capture as you never know, except for the stinky smell of them, where they're going to surface.

This is a log "snarl" that I thought was a real animal until we got closer. It was really foggy (or was it the beer I was drinking?) and I'm hoping I can clean it up abit with PhotoShop.

We were going to take the big boat through this but then the lightbulb came one and we decided to anchor outside of it and just look at it instead.

C

·
0 Posts
Oh my gosh, what beautiful pictures!!!!!
Looks like y'all are having a great time, but I bet you miss your hounds too!
Thanks for sharing :lol:
Annie

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Lynne, if anyone deserves to be living this lifestyle right now, it's you! :)
I'm so happy that you are having a wonderful summer, I don't think it gets any better that what we're seeing in your pictures. Keep em comin'.

Sandy

H

·
0 Posts
I love living vacariously through you, Lynn!

Now, as weird as this sounds, I always wondered what Whales smelled like....:)

GORGEOUS pictures.

That snag looks like Bigfoot through the fog!

Thanks so much for the update.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for looking - BTW, whales smell just like a real stinky garbage dump! You can smell them long before they surface but you just can't tell where they'll come up at next!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Such beautiful scenery- I love being near the water- Thanks for sharing- Wendy

·
Registered
987 Posts
Lynn you never fail to inspire me. I even went on the hunt for previously enjoyed tugs and trawlers I found a bute for only 65K but my hubby thinks that the 108' length is a little too much! I don't think so that is one stable boat! LOL. And then of the deck room for a basset 500 Lifepreserver edition! LOL

·
Registered
714 Posts
Where else but a Basset Forum would I expect to learn that "whales smell just like a real stinky garbage dump!" :)

Truthfully, that's very interesting to me. All the TV shows on Discovery, Science channel, etc. about whales, and they have never once mentioned that. I'd best drop that now, or I'll ramble on forever...

Fantastic pictures, keep enjoying your trip!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts