Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight is the most important night of this tv show...it's when the hound group is on. In the 15 yrs I've been watching it, more often than not, they put a commerical or some other inane commentary on when the basset is being shown. They had better not do it this time!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Is it the USA channel? I have also noticed that the basset is always shown during commercial. It really makes me mad!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that!
I guess they just don't care about hound group. because they are not one of those luxury houses dogs aka puffy dogs! We should boykott this show! :mad:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way will I ever boycott the show. I love watching it. But one year I wrote a letter....never got a reponse, Don't know if anyone of importance ever even read it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't even bother watching anymore. Everyone is too interested in the newest, wierdest looking breeds. It's sort of looking like a doggy fashion show instead of a view of the breed's best.
I remember watching an interview with a judge a few years ago when she sort of gave bassets short shrift and I'm still nursing my grudge.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Westminster doesn't show any dogs during the break, only the lesser shows do.......thank goodness! Lots of those Animal Planet sponsored shows skip the Bassets, it always makes me mad!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I too turned off the TV in a huff, although if Knotty or Beethoven couldn't win the Scottish Deerhound would have been my next choice (purely personal reasons, we are of Scottish descent and hubby plays the pipes - I don't know anything about the breed) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts