Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bassets go in the ring at 11:15 today. I have butterflies as I know a number of the competitors and am pulling for all of them to do well. One in particular, but who knows? Wish I could have gone.....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And Topsfield Silver Noodles takes the Breed. YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
And Topsfield Silver Noodles takes the Breed. YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!![/b]
They don't have the video up yet :(

I love Noodles.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Miriam, I do, too. She's stunning. And oh, so sweet. She was born a couple of minutes from where we used to live, and when she was a wee puppy, my daughter and I would go to play with the litter. Some of Noodles' siblings have done pretty well, too, but she has surpassed a good many bassets in her show career. After Westminster she's going to retire, have some puppies, and pursue Rally and Obedience titles. It will be a good, full life for a very deserving little dog.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Well the basset didn't win but Westminster Best in Show was bred by Basset breeder, Dee Duffy! Congratulations Dee!

<div align="center">
</div>

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I apparently had Animal Planet or something on when I went to sleep last night because that dog right there ^ (The one that I'm assuming won??) was in my dream. Of course in my dream it was one of my co-worker's dogs and she had it up at school?? :blink: Things on TV have been invading my dreams lately.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I knew Stump was going to win the moment I saw him. What a gorgeous dog. And I couldn't help but pick him for sentimental reasons as well: I'm told that Stumps was Stomps original name, but the rescue changed it to Stomps (which I'm glad for).

On a strange aside, my boss was mentioned during last night's broadcast. I work for the Cheetah Conservation Fund, which introduced Anatolians to African farmers to protect their livestock. CCF breeds and gives them out to livestock farmers in Namibia. Plus Laurie (Marker, my boss) was at the show, meeting with the Anatolian breeders, and the commentators talked about her and CCF while the Anatolian was trotting back and forth.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm so glad little Stump won. 'Course, I'm partial to long, low and floppy :lol: . But the fact that he's the first Sussex to take Best at Westminster, at the age of ten, after almost dying five years ago -- ya gotta love him. Now it's up to the established, reputable breeders to hold the puppy mill-ers at bay!!!

Great publicity for you Anatolian people and their good work, L&S. Sounds very interesting.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello................

When you look on the Westminster KC website, there are lots of hotels listed. The Hotel Pennsylvania is closest, and the place where the basement becomes a dog spa during the show. Rumor has it the Penn is closing, but time will tell.
If you're going without dogs, you have more hotel options <g>

Basically, be prepared for a zoo... zillions of people in a small space -- the benching area. It's an experience, that's for sure.

Westminster is an experience, but if you really want an ultimate dog show? Try Crufts!! 4 days, 5 thousand or so dogs a day in an arena that is HUGE. It's truly an experience...and the shopping is incredible!

Dog Leash Training

·
Registered
297 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm so disappointed that Silver Noodles never produced anything. All that campaigning and winning she did and then they never produced a single puppy from her that I know of. It's really too bad. Makes me think they should have retired her a bit sooner so they had the opportunity to pass those genes along. She was a stunning mover when she was really on. We showed against her nearly every weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts