Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to say hi to everyone and sympathies to the lost hounds this month. I hate it when I open up and see topics which I know will bring sad news. Heart and drools go out to you.

We're at the tip of Vancouver Island (Port McNeil) and will soon be going further north. The wind is in a gale right now so we're snug up to a dock and doing household chores (and enjoying a real cheeseburger! :lol: ).
We've seen pods of Orcas, grey whales, Minke whales, "herd" of dolphin, a bear and lots and lots of eagles! So far so good!

I hear Huck is doing fine with exception of being very afraid of the firecrackers someone in the neighborhood is setting off. But housesitter is wrapping him in a blanket and using her soothing voice and he calms after awhile. I sorely miss him and don't think I'll ever go again without him. :(

Well, hope all is well with everyone and will post more when I can. Having abit of trouble with y-fi and our laptop so downloading and posting pics isn't working right now. Will keep trying.

Take care everyone!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hey, Lynne! ...what a nice holiday you are having. Glad you are getting a good rest...Huck will be fine, I'm sure this is harder on you than him.

Sounds like you'll have lots of amazing pictures for us when you get back. Look forward to seeing them.

I got your postcard, very nice suprise. Wish I could trade places with you, you could come here and have my boring life in flat, non scenic, land locked Saskatchewan.
Here's a picture of Huck, in case you've forgotten what he looks like: :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic Sandy! I have a pic of him as my screensaver on our laptop. I've been trying to get pics of the whales but they are just too darned fast for me so I've given up. Hubby is in charge of that from now on as I'd much rather just enjoy seeing them than being frustrated trying to take pics of them.

We caught our first Dungeness crab of the season yesterday. Only a couple which is good enough for a nice crab salad. Up further north they are caught in the bushel basket full! Yummmmm!!!

We've been at anchor more than at docks so far which is just fine with me! There are ca-zillions of places to "put the hook down" and they FREE (which is my favorite word, of course)!

You're right - it is harder on me than Huck. My sister keeps telling me that "they are of the present, Lynne". I know she's probably right but I'm not of the present. Oh I spose I'll quit belly-aching pretty soon :roll: .

·
Registered
484 Posts
ohhh.....crab......

goodness,- I am drooling like all my furbabies put together.....

Keep enjoying your holliday, thanks for sharing your news with us.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Lynne, it sounds like you're having a real good time. Thanx for the postcard. Ruby tells me that she's sending basset vibes to Huck thru the basset-psychic hotline and he says he's doing fine.

Enjoy your crab! Yum!!! The only crab we've seen in a while is ME (it's HOT and I'm crabby).

:lol:

Janice
P.S. yes, I decided it's about time I started signing my name and not just being Ruby's servant, aka mommy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sounds like your having a wonderful time. If you need a plus side to leaving Huck at home maybe it's eating all the crab and not having to share!

Enjoy the rest of your summer! It's so hot here I would love to feel an ocean breeze blowing by.

Chris

·
Registered
987 Posts
Wish I was there

Oh Lynne, that sounds like such a wonderful time you are having!
One of these days, I'll have a boat again and living it up like you!

A

·
0 Posts

I know just how you feel! We dont know each other so it's nice to meet you. We live in Charleston, SC and I can relate to your not having your best friend with you on your trip. I think about my buddy all day while at work and I miss him dearly. Is this normal? I'm a 40 year old man, a Plumber, a fisherman, married for 18 years and I still dont think I could leave General for any amount of time, it makes me feel bad just thinking about it. He gets mad at me when I leave him at home for a few hours, smothers me in kisses when I get home. Then I get the cold shoulder for an hour or so, you know the one, when ya speak to him he turns his head. Thats the one, uh huh. I hope the picture cheers ya up. Please be safe in your journeys. Vince and General

1 - 9 of 9 Posts