Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! After the first of the year, my husband is going to be PCSd to Creech AFB in Indian Springs, NV. It's a little bit north of Las Vegas! So Doppler and Virga will be desert dogs for a few years. Any advice from our basset pals from that neck of the woods with regards to desert dwelling?

·
Registered
767 Posts
We wish you an early welcome to Nevada. We're in Laughlin NV about 90 minutes south of Vegas. We have never seen another Basset here. Daisy came from a great group, the Las Vegas Basset rescue. About 8 months of the year the weather is great. This time of year the dogs don't go out much but they do have a doggie door. You just have to be careful they don't get their paws to hot from the sidewalk. On the plus side we don't seem to have the problems with ears and such maybe because of the dryness and low humidity. Oh and no playing with rattlesnakes and scorpions. Maggie and Daisy

·
Registered
767 Posts
Oh and lots of water available.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks dreamons! We'll keep all of that in mind for sure. Does anyone have any tips on traveling cross country with them? If there's a thread for this just direct me to it. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Dopplah & Virga... goin' to Sin City, eh?

i bet if i know how to shift gears, i could play slot machines too! what do you say, boys? weekend at Dopplah's in Vegas???

hee hee, i never been to Nevada but we have a cousin there. it is hot, hot, hot there! lotsa water as Maggie & Daisy says. keep us posted, k?
--your pal, Worm

·
Registered
767 Posts
Well Worm everyone can come to Laughlin. Lots of machines and puppy friendly hotels and floating on the river. Oh and something called a crap table. Sounds like fun not sure our parents would like us on a crap table though. Maggie and Daisy

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the boys also going to take in a show? ;) The girls can all go to spa for the day!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Count me in! Momma has family in North Vegas, and I think they have a pool! We can go between the 2 houses!

Fake ID... hmmm...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Nice!!

k, i guess we can say the basset galz can come too and do their gal thing while they guyz do theirz :cool: then we can meet up in the pool or poolside for those who don't swim (Pais). we bassets always like to sun ourselves...

methinks we must wait for Dopplah to get to Nevada first... then we can par-teee!!

Winston-- methinks Woody or Bernie would be driving us around in their Jeeps!
--Worm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yahoo!!! and Arrrooo !!! A winter baycation!!! They say after the first of the year so that means THE DEAD OF WINTER!!!!! Ya mean I can go south when its -40 and not get to plow thru the fourteen feet of snow on 6 inch legs!!!! YAHOO! no frost-bit belly just a nice pink tanned one! I'm gonna call my travel agent today..... are we sure we are invited???? Maybe I'll wait but a girl can dream --- mmmmm winter sunshine!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone is welcome! There's lots of hiking trails around the area too! So anyone who wants to can go climb a mountain!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
something called a crap table. Sounds like fun not sure our parents would like us on a crap table though. Maggie and Daisy
crap table??? is that what i think it is? me and Annie can roll around in it if we like? hee hee, melikes already. ok gang, we have to go to the CRAP table when we go to Vegas, K?

Maggie & Daisy-- ya won't be the only bassets in town when we visit. then there'll be a dozen of us :D fun, fun, fun. wintah vaycation!
--Worm

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
crap table??? is that what i think it is? me and Annie can roll around in it if we like? hee hee, melikes already. ok gang, we have to go to the CRAP table when we go to Vegas, K?

Maggie & Daisy-- ya won't be the only bassets in town when we visit. then there'll be a dozen of us :D fun, fun, fun. wintah vaycation!
--Worm
I hope momma doesn't read about the crap table, or she won't let me go on baycation. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts