Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a normal day they split 4 cans and 4 cups of dry plus a bunch of bone treats. Most days they will have part of a bowl of food left at the next feeding. They do get really hungry about once a week or so, but tonight was really bad.

I'll start with breakfast. They barely ate anything last night, so there was quite a bit left at 9am this morning, but I fed them 2 more cans on top anyways. When I got home from work, they had eaten everything and wanted their dinner. I fed them dinner at 6pm and they ate it all right away. They got 2 more cans at 9pm, because Dozer was slamming his bowl with his foot. (see old video of this below) They gobbled that right down. By midnight they had eaten extra bone treats, a couple of hot dogs, flour tortillas, half a loaf of bread, and what ever else I found in the kitchen. (it does help to clean out the frig when they get like this)

Old video, but shows how hungry they can get.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sounds like a couple of elephants your feeding there. Alas :( with this old computer, I can no longer watch your videos, but don't think Toby could ever eat that much, although I've never offered him that ammount, so don't really know. He gets 4cups ofdry some veg, and about equivalent to 1/3 of a can daily along with the small ammount of treats I give him when I want him to do something. He also gets yoghurt .

Never known him to refuse a meal though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts