Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got home yesterday and am oh so happy!! When we pulled into the driveway the dogs were on the porch and they both had this really quizzical looks on their faces. They knew the vehicle but weren't sure who was in it. Huck didn't bark or jump as usual - he just stared at me for the longest time. Then when I called his name he came unglued!! He barked, howled, jumped, spun in circles!! It was so heartwarming as I really feared that he'd either not know me or would be indifferent to my return. When he calmed down abit, he wouldn't leave my side for an instant, holding on to the back of my sundress whenever I walked through the house. Any time I stopped for a minute he'd instantly lay on my feet! While I enjoyed the cruise and got a lot of rest, I won't ever leave him home again. Wherever I go - he goes!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome home,

I've been following your adventure (thanks for the beautiful pics) and I can imagine how glad you are to see Huck. I'm sure Huck got more than his share of bellyrubs in the last day!! Jackie sends an arooooo to Huck!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Yaaaay!!! Glad you're back, safe and sound. :)

I can only imagine how happy Huck was. I just got back from a three day break, and my hounds went insane. I agree with you. I don't think you and Huck should be apart again...he adores you!

Sandy

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome home! So wonderful to come home to the happy dance.

OK, so you've been home a day...where are our pictures?????

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome home!! Thanks for sharing your great adventure with us!! I really enjoyed all your photos. I'm sure your Huck did miss you terribly. Give him lots of kisses!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts