1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
i stole he-humanz bag of beef jerkey saturday.
was he ever MAD!

c'mon, tho... is it REALLY taht different from the beggin strips?
the bag crinkled the same?
they smell a lot alike.
psh

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oh Esther -- I agree its hard to sniff the difference between been jerkey and beggin strips BUT ya really have to do something nice for your Dad once in a while.... lets see -- ya barf down his butt -- thenpoop in his car and now EAT his treats (even tho they DO look and taste like doggy treats)!!! Ya better be a good girl for him soon coz Santa is coming in only 3 months and he'll want to know who has been naughty or nice. . give him a big slurpy kiss and bat those big brownies at him when he gets home tonight.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Best way to improve the lawn situation is probably to train/encourage him to go in the same place so at least the damage is concentrated to one area.

·
Registered
972 Posts
mikey is right. can't cure urine! urine is urine! you may be able to put something on the spots of grass that die, but the only thing i've heard of working...and i don't know how well working it is really....is instantly washing the peed grass down with the water hose, to disperse and water down the pee.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, thanks everyone-- no, we actually don't have a grass problem at all (the apartment complex does... all 17 acres of it, a good proportion of it has gone to the dogs.... naw, j/k. actually the grass/lawn is fine, even tho there's lots of us dogs who pee on it).

it's just that we ended up w/a sample of these "lawn-saving treats" from the pet faire, and my person was deciding whether to let me eat some or not. of course, i wanted too, cause i mean, how can ya turn down food? but she said maybe it's more a buncha chemicals than anything else, so noooo. ah well. now i'm working on the peanut butter sandwich she's eating instead. trying to get her to gimme some.
--Worm

·
Registered
972 Posts
ooh i get it now worm! well good for you that your mama is watching out for you, so you don't get weird chemical tummy aches or anything! not really worth the risk. but, if it just has all natural ingredients in it, it probably won't hurt you. anything weird in it i would just toss'em. I can't imagine anything that could be ingested by a living thing that would alter the ammonia in the urine. The whole point is it is a waste product, and your body (yes you) needs to get rid of it.
Bowser and daisy pee in the "potty box" out back during the day, and at night bowser has decided that he simply MUST pee out the front, on the grass. I live in a town house complex so as long as everyone else is asleep, i let him. it's easier than trying to convince him that the back yard is NOT scarey at dark, and it CAN be peed in after dark. He is sooo weird about this.

Anyway, they water a lot here, so no brown spots as of yet! hehehe

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bowser and daisy pee in the "potty box" out back during the day, and at night bowser has decided that he simply MUST pee out the front, on the grass. I live in a town house complex so as long as everyone else is asleep, i let him. it's easier than trying to convince him that the back yard is NOT scarey at dark, and it CAN be peed in after dark. He is sooo weird about this.

Anyway, they water a lot here, so no brown spots as of yet! hehehe
hee hee, good thing we clarified :)

we are in similar situation in apartment... what's your "potty box" btw? am interested in hearing more about it...
--Worm

·
Registered
972 Posts
ah the potty box! Tis a wooden frame we built, and then put sod inside, and it sits on top of the concrete "yard" out back. Sod didn't work so well...died and then the dirt drained out. So, we switched to tree bark. It used to be i think like 8ft by 3ft, but we took it apart and made it about 3x3 a long time ago, when we switched to the bark. Bowser will pee in the box, but refused to poop in it. He will only poop by the fence, on the concrete. I have to wash the concrete off every day..no biggie after you pick up the poo. Daisy however drives me nuts, she will pee on the water hose, and poop on it, if you don't watch her and tell her to get into the box!
Bowser used to be so annoying because he thought he could only pee out front, and only poop in the back...now it's just when it's night time he MUST pee out front, and still can only poop in the back *lol*

The most frustrating thing is daisy does pee on the concrete, and then bowser decideds he wants to go sit in the sun...in a pee stain.
Anyway, we have a few potted plants and trees out there, but it's a tight squeeze to the garage. The dogs don't seem to mind, thank goodness. I can't wait to have a real yard and a house someday!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts