Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pearl, is 9 years old. Until a few weeks ago she hated being wet in anyway. She would hold it for hours when it it was raining and run around like a maniac barking to be dried off if she got just a little wet. We have had a very wet spring and last week during a downpour she started going outside and digging up an area of the lawn about 7 feet by 4 feet. You basically have to drag her inside drenched to the bone. She has done this twice now; only when it is raining, and I mean pouring. The ground is totally saturated. She has never dug before, and it not like she is digging a hole, just slowly churning up this area of the lawn. She is not rolling in the mud and no other behavior changes. Any clues? Posted here quite a bit when our girls were younger, but I think my old account was deactivated. Thanks for any ideas!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Scenting

No idea but given the first sense in a scent hound is - scenting, it could be that with heavy rain coming down, she's smelling something in the ground there. I can't say I'd be impressed to have a hole 7 X 4 ft in my lawn (which isn't that much bigger overall!) She's digging a 'sink hole'!!

Bassets eh - always something new to challenge their owners :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts