Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is weighing at 16.5 at 3 months. How does this stack up? His parents were on the smaller side. He was also under weight for a while due to parasites.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
It really can vary depending on what lines the dog comes from. I've seen adult bassets range from 40 to 100 lbs.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well lets see... right now I just took my puppy in for her shots at 13 weeks (yes I know we are a week late but Nationals kind of took precedence last week). She weighs just shy of 20 lbs. Her two litter mates are just around that as well. They come from some pretty heavy boned parents though and they have more bone than both of them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Charlie was only 8.1 pounds at 12.5 weeks (about three months). She is little though! She is only 28 pounds right now and almost 10 months, probably will only get to 30-32 pounds. I think 16 sounds pretty normal though for about a 40-50 pound basset.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ella was 17 at 3 months and 1 week - she is 1 now and weighs about 35. Her mom was on the smaller side too weighing about 40 I believe

·
Registered
417 Posts
At just over 3 months (13 weeks), Ninja was only 12 pounds. She is a small girl as it is, but was a bit slow in her growth at first, thanks to some run-ins with UTI's and giardia. I haven't taken her to the vet for a weigh-in for about a month and a half, but last time there she was 38 pounds. I bet she's cracked 40lbs by now...she's almost 10 months old.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nitro was a hair over 1 pounds at 3 months. He looked a bit thin to me at the time, but he has been filling out everyday since then. He goes in on Monday for a round of shots and a weigh-in. I bet he is over 22 at 4 months now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Daisy is the same age - 12 weeks and she weighs 15 lbs. She also had Giardia - thank goodness that is over! She is still rather ribby at this weight. My vet won't microchip her yet until she gains some more muscle - she's working on it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
At 6 months Nitro is a very healthy 37 pounds. He looks great, I can still feel ribs, but all the loose skin makes it difficult to actually see them. The vet said he will probably grow to 70 pounds. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Squishy weighed about 45-47 lbs when we took her in at 6 months to get fixed. She's currently 9 months old and just shy of 65 lbs.
70 lbs sounds about right...if not more :)
Dense "little" guys, aren't they?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Virga is 5 months old and weighed in right at 24 pounds today. She's going to be a little girl though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
we took fred in for a nail trim at almost 6 months and for more revolution. She weighed in at 29 lbs. We think she'll be smaller (around 45 lbs) which's fine with us we love her just the way she is.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Maggie turned 2 in November and weighs 35 LBS. Vet says she is just fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts