Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Basset Pals,

My life has been ups & downs lately. It ain't easy beeing a teenage basset, that's fer sure.

Low point: da moths. yeck. they took away all my dog treats and bones and stuffs. all had to go to the garbage. i posted more about this elsewhere.

High point: getting to go to the beeach, like 5 times in the past 2 weeks... yay!! that was fun, and i posted some pics below from my trips. me notso afraid of the ocean anymore.

Low point: my golden retriever friend Lang bit me. he's not in my pictures below since he bit me. i played w/him 30-40 times in the past without problems. we even went to the beeach together cause our peeples r friends. we went to sit down for dinner, and somehow he & I went under the table at the same time... must be a territory thing, but then there was lotsa snarling & me got bit, so i was yelping.

there's a pic of me with my battlescars. One puncture wound on my top lip, and later they found a puncture wound on my bottom lip that looked deeper. but no problem, me staying strong & tough. already looks better.

amusing part of this is that we were in the patio of the Ritz Carlton. we aren't ritzy or anything like that, just using their public access beaach then getting a bite afterwards. and normally, we r all well-behaved dogs. so it was very unexpected w/the biting, snarling, and barking/yelping... yikes. good thing is that i been back there at the Ritz a couple times w/out problems.

High Points:
--Went to basset birfday partee today for my pal Teddi, who came to mine couple months ago. so fun, there were 17 bassets there...
--Paisley, my girfriend, who reminded me to be thankful for many things, including her
--i got a baseball outfit-- here i m sporting it. i'm ready to play ball!!

whatta weekend, i'm tired. sooo sleepy. g'night friendz.
--peace out, Worm

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
OH WWORRMMIE!!! I am so sorry to hear about your lip -- I am enclosing a BIG WET KISS to make you feel better!!!!! I hope now that you have a piercing you dont start wearing a lip ring likr some teenagers do -- it would get caught in yer kibble!!!
I think Lang must be bipolar or something -- actually the same thing happened to me earlier this summer -- our poodle neighbours have a friend witha Labradoodle Sadie whom I played with every time she visited. This one day we were playing as usual and out of the blue she got me down and bit me!!!!Snarled at me and everything!! Later that day we heard her do it to both poodles too!!!! Last week they told me she attacked the peeples daughters baby poodle Miko who is no bigger than a pop can!!! She's bad news and is not allowed to come over any more.
On the otherhand I have a Golden Retriever pal Sam who comes to visit and we play play play -- he thinks he is retrieving me and takes me for walks by the leash and its too funny -- when I don't want to go I lust lay down like a brick and he gives me the "What" look!!!
Hey you go to the Ritz???? Kewl -- do you dance on the patio like Fred Estare and have you met a Ginger Rodgers girl yet???? It would be neat to see you dancing to Puttin on the Ritz even if it was with another girl!!!! Hey your mom better get you a tux if you keep going to the Ritz!!!
Its gonna be another hot day here and I am going for a hike with Mom and Dad and our neighbours Cathy and Dennis -- then its our annual neighbourly Thanksgiving Leftovers Extravaganza -- we get together and eat eat eat -- LEFTOVERS!!!!YUM!!!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ya, Basset Pals!!

Pricey, me just turned ONE in July-- how old are you?

Pais, thanks ya for the kiss, that's just what i needed, how did ya know? hee hee, yeah, methinks i can wears my SF Giants baseball outfit (tho no more playoffs now...) and that will look dapper enuf at the Ritz.

Me has confession-- Me dunno how to dance...! saw some videos of other dawgs dancing tho...

btw, if anyone comes to the SF Bay Area, highly recommend checking out "Half Moon Bay." That's the beeeeach i been going to. so nice there. but only when it's nice and sunny, not foggy.

How was your hike, Paisley? also MORE Tgiving, i m so envious of all the yummy food u r getting...
--Worm

·
Registered
160 Posts
10 months, but getting BIG! Had a few scuffles too and when I get scared I make a strange sound like a seal honking till my poorly is kissed beta.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh Worm! Sounds like you have had a rough patch! Luckily there has been some bright points!

By the way, Lucy and Millie love you're Halloween costume!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH WWORRMMIE!!! I am so sorry to hear about your lip -- I am enclosing a BIG WET KISS to make you feel better!!!!! I hope now that you have a piercing you dont start wearing a lip ring likr some teenagers do -- it would get caught in yer kibble!!!
I think Lang must be bipolar or something -- actually the same thing happened to me earlier this summer -- our poodle neighbours have a friend witha Labradoodle Sadie whom I played with every time she visited. This one day we were playing as usual and out of the blue she got me down and bit me!!!!Snarled at me and everything!! Later that day we heard her do it to both poodles too!!!! Last week they told me she attacked the peeples daughters baby poodle Miko who is no bigger than a pop can!!! She's bad news and is not allowed to come over any more.
On the otherhand I have a Golden Retriever pal Sam who comes to visit and we play play play -- he thinks he is retrieving me and takes me for walks by the leash and its too funny -- when I don't want to go I lust lay down like a brick and he gives me the "What" look!!!
Hey you go to the Ritz???? Kewl -- do you dance on the patio like Fred Estare and have you met a Ginger Rodgers girl yet???? It would be neat to see you dancing to Puttin on the Ritz even if it was with another girl!!!! Hey your mom better get you a tux if you keep going to the Ritz!!!
Its gonna be another hot day here and I am going for a hike with Mom and Dad and our neighbours Cathy and Dennis -- then its our annual neighbourly Thanksgiving Leftovers Extravaganza -- we get together and eat eat eat -- LEFTOVERS!!!!YUM!!!
Oh yes, Pais, methinks u r right. Lang was always my friend, then suddenly turned on me when we went under the table together.... yikes! me gotsa watch out.

sorry to hear about what happened w/you & Sadie... sometimes it's so unpredictable... sounds like she gots some issues to sort out...

hmmm, playing w/Sam? now me feeling a bit jealous of this Sam guy. yeah, but i'll get over it. it's part of being in a long-distance relationship, i guess...

and thanks basset pals, for the compliments on my Halloweens costume. anyone going trick or treating????? haha, Pais, is there Halloweens in Canada? or does it come a month early??
--your pal,
Worm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wworrmmie you are so funny -- Sam is just one big doofus Golden -- but really he is strawberry blonde -- all he wants to do in life is to retrieve -- anything -- so that means I'm fair game. He is very uncoordinated and tends to trip over his big feet!!!! He is still just a pup.
Yes we do have Halloween in Canada and it is the same day as yours.....but it is always cold and the little kids have to bundle up. We usually don't get kids here since we have long driveways around here and no street lights .... we live in the country in the middle of the city ... it takes us only 7 minutes to get downtown or too the mall (the other way) and used to take about Mom and Dad the same to get to work ... so its kinda strange to be in the country in the city. We actually have no kids in our immediate area.
Most of our holidays are at the same time as yours but you seem to have many more -- OH OH Mom will tell you about them later -- she has an appt and has to hurry ...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wormie you remind me so much of my Bowser! Such a handsome fellow. But I have to say...that last pic...you are much more endowed. *lmao* you need some pants with that shirt!
Thank you Boomah & Snoopy!

Bowsah's Mama-- you r too funny!!! how embarrassing-- well, maybe it's just the camera angle. when my person first got me, different friends would comment on that....! weird! wethoughts it's just a basset guy thing & being low to the ground, makes us look bigger... which i'm fine with, btw.

ya make me laugh lots, hee hee. me agrees and would like pants too. i suppose i look a bit obscene in my outfit right now.

Mr. Mikey-- we didn't see any videos on the links, tho didn't look that hard. we saw one w/dog on 2 legs... so does that mean bassets generally don't do this freestyle dancing stuff??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts