Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was looking closely at Daisy's paws, I spread her toes and noticed that her feet look webbed! I never noticed it until today. Is it normal for Bassets to have webbed paws? It has been a while since I have had a Basset so I don't remember the details of what it looked like between the "fingers".

Does anyone have a close up of a proper Basset paw that is spread out they can post for me? I am wondering if Daisy is an anomaly of science and nature. I knew it was a little weird that she is ok with getting into the pool and paddling a bit.

I have her papers showing her family 5 generations back is all Basset Hounds, so I don't believe this is due to mixing with another breed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Basset Feet

We have two Bassets, both 3 years old, both are Mahogony and they both come from two different breeders. Both have all papers dating back four generations. One of them have feet like a Beagle or Lab, the other has FAT-WEBBED Feet. I can send you pictures if you would like. The one with the webbed feet has to be sedated to have his nails trimmed as they are very sensative.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts