Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had tornadoes in the area on Sunday night and George woke us up in the middle of the night, a good five minutes before the siren went off, and would NOT rest until we were both up and ready to run for the basement if necessary. I told a friend who likes to play with pictures that Hubby had dubbed George "Weather Dog" and this is what she did.

A

·
0 Posts
Really cute! I found out over the weekend Beau (my rescue) hates storms. It was so windy and he was nervous and wouldn't settle down until it was over. Should be an interesting spring. yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
Omigosh, that picture is HILARIOUS!!! Definitely worthy of printing and framing :D :D !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
They say dogs have a sixth sense and I suppose since they have survived as man's best friend for the last 6000 years without a weatherman, they have to use their noses and ears to feel and hear a change in the air. Either way feel blessed, oh wait, you have a BH, you should feel blessed anyway :)

My BH has never warned me of pending disaster, but I can always tell the warmest part of the house or how warm my dog is. When the woodstove is just getting going, he sleeps next to it to get warm. Once it starts to get hot, he moves away. If he goes to the couch it means he's just right. If he moves to lay in front of the sliding glass door where there is a draft, yep he too hot.

And if there is a patch of sun shining through a window, well my BH turns into cat!

In any case I'm glad you are still around to laugh at all this.

A

·
0 Posts
OMG!! How cute in ther'e weatherdog outfits.!! good photos.. Happy to be a slave for Tummy Boy. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You go George! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts