Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went camping this weekend, in a place called Homosassa Springs, Florida. Couldn't tell you how to get there ...can't imagine how my sister ever found it. But that's another story ... I saw some sights that I will never get out of my head ... this was way too primative and remote for me ...

We actually saw two Bassets. One, in a canoe! Full grown, loving the water ...even the freezing cold spring water!! The other was an adorable five month old Basset puppy. I have never seen a Basset puppy in person so I was just enraptured with this little thing! She was a bundle of energy and lovies. Just all over the place. They were staying in the same campground so we ran across them several times and they were always indulgent with me, since I told them that I was missing my babies like crazy.

I want a puppy.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Rusty & Stickers still have 8 nieces & nephews if you're interested!!! :lol: They are just over 12 weeks old. All of them are Lemon & White just like my boy, Rusty!!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I live south of Homosassa Springs. Letting your dogs swim in the lakes and rivers around here just feeds the Gators. :blink: Speedy

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw plenty of what I thought were "gator slides" on the sides of the river. I was thinking the same thing about the dogs. And the people.

I posted a lot of the photos on Photobucket, if anyone cares to look. I don't have a photo of the puppy but if you look closely, you can see the Basset in the canoe.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa124/faysie_bucket/

Basset in Canoe:

Partying local people with their dog:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts