Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you know that we put Bogie down this morning. Bogie would have been 12 on April 21st. He had been having some real issues with arthritis and pain in his back, hips and rear legs for some time. Then lately with several falls, having a hard time getting to his feet, and several recent trips to the vet with increased pain meds we knew the day was coming. After two sleepless nights and his refusing to eat this morning, we knew the pain meds weren't working any longer, and it was time. Our vet agreed. So Bogie is now pain free, and we know we did the right thing for Bogie. Sure doesn't make it any easier. He was such a sweet boy, such a trooper camping and traveling with us all over the USA in our RV, and we will miss him terribly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your Bogie. We lost our Obi-Wan just on Wednesday, for similar reasons - multiple ruptured disks, and severe pain. But he was such a good boy, such a good friend, so kind, so furry, so strong. We will always remember them.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. Such a handsome fellow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Having to put a beloved pet down is the hardest thing an owner will ever do. It is also the kindest thing....he is free now of pain and torment. I am so sorry for your loss, and the difficult decision you had to make. An old friend leaves a huge hole in the heart. My heartfelt sympathy to you.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I just saw this, I'm so sorry. I always liked reading about Bubba, and then Bogie as time went on. I've been part of this forum for 15 years now and it's hard to see the old timers pass.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all the kind thoughts and prayers! We sure miss our sweet boy. Just when you think you are doing better you put on a jacket you haven't worn in awhile, reach into the pocket, and find one of his favorite cookies and the tears flow again.
Here are some of our favorite pictures.

The last picture of Bogie we took this past Christmas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts