Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both our Bassets and our Miniature Pincher sleep in bed with us but all of them have trouble either getting up or down or both. So I ordered these dog stairs and we just love them. The dogs have the freedom to get up & down when they want and I do not have to get in and out of bed to assist them. They are light weight enough for easy moving to make the bed but durable enough to hold the weight of the dogs and stay in place when using them. The last picture is of Sadie, she decided to go back to bed after breakfast this morning. It's a rainy gloomy day, going back to bed sounds pretty good to me I just might join her.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Those do look very nice. Where did you get them? Years ago when Sadie & Spencer started getting older & having arthritis problems, I couldn't find any steps for them. The only thing I found was a ramp made of one big piece of styrofoam, which I knew would not last. My brother ended up building me a set of steps for my bed. They turned out great, but are very heavy to move for cleaning purposes (they are made of plywood, covered in carpet). What we do for our pets! I love that last picture of your Sadie. I could snuggle up next to her! :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those do look very nice. Where did you get them? Years ago when Sadie & Spencer started getting older & having arthritis problems, I couldn't find any steps for them. The only thing I found was a ramp made of one big piece of styrofoam, which I knew would not last. My brother ended up building me a set of steps for my bed. They turned out great, but are very heavy to move for cleaning purposes (they are made of plywood, covered in carpet). What we do for our pets! I love that last picture of your Sadie. I could snuggle up next to her! :)[/b]
I ordered them from dogkennels.com, below is the link to the website and item.

http://www.dogkennels.com/dog-ramps-&-...iipetstairs.cfm

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our two don't care to ride in the car and we don't have any dog parks or pet stores that allow animals in them to go to so they don't ride in the car very much, just for their visits to the vet. When we do have to take them my husband helps me lift them in and out. These steps we just bought are very light weight and we have an SUV so we could take the steps with us and they could probably get up in the back of the vehicle using the steps, I never thought of that till now, I might have to try it the next time we have a vet visit.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Rubydoo:
We don't use steps, but my husband made a ramp for Bogie to use to get in and out of the SUV and RV. Just a long board covered with two spongy bath mats for traction that he attached with washers under the screws. Works great, and you could make it a any length you needed to use with the car. It didn't take him long to learn to go up and down it. Just got him used to walking on it on the floor first, and with cheese enticement up he went into the SUV. Light weight and a cheap way to go, just the cost of board and bath mats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts