Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working and my teenage daughter was home. She put Sadie in the fenced in back yard while she took a shower. She neglected to make sure the fence was closed and latched properly. After taking her shower a young boy knocked on our door and told my daughter that Sadie was out on Easterday, which is a pretty busy road. We live on the alley in back of Easterday. Their was a lady with the boy, she saw the boy struggling to get Sadie and pulled her car over to help him get Sadie and they both brought her back home and put her in our back yard. My daughter called me at work to tell me this. My heart just sunk into my stomach thinking of Sadie out on Easterday and thinking of what could have happened to her. Of course I gave my daughter the lecture about checking the gate when letting her out. I couldn't wait to get home and see Sadie and give her a big hug. I am so thankful to the boy & lady who brought her home. I wish I knew who they were so I could thank them in person; my daughter didn't recognize either one of them.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am so happy that Sadie's day had a happy ending! That is the scary part about fences.

Elmer and Button send hugs and smooches.

S

·
0 Posts
I am glad it was a happy ending. Sabian was the KING of escaping gates until we got our new gate. I was terrified every time I looked for him!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to go check out this Google The Earth, never heard of it before. That is pretty neat how it can zoom right in on you home.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
You can read about and download it here: http://earth.google.com/

The normal version is free, but you need a broadband conniction to
the internet, and a fairly fast computer with a good graphic card.

Here you can see Easterday Ave running across the picture:

Then you can zoom in so you can see pedestrians and cars.
I bet you know this bridge:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I have a friend who lived on Easterday, I remember I thought it was funny! I am not far from the Soo, about 3 hours. I'm really glad to have another Yooper here on Cyberhound!
Joan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts