Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charger is slowly getting better from an acute case of panosteitis (hope I spelled that right). He was in such pain, he wouldn't do anything including eating and drinking. He even growled at his kitty pal.

We finally took him to a vet when he got to that point (after a week) and he was put on anti-inflammatory and pain medicine. Three days later he's 90% back to normal. I thought we'd escaped this problem since he'll be one next week but no such luck. ;)

Thank you to all of you who've posted information on this in the past. I did a search when we were trying to figure out what was wrong and found the posts to be very helpful.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Glad to hear he's doing better-I think the vet gave Murray Deramaxx when he had pano as a puppy- it cleared up pretty quickly as soon as he started taking it. Hope Charger is back to normal soon!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Charlie had bouts of pano until he was three years old. I think it must be extremely painful because the dogs wouldn't make it obvious that they're hurting.....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Been there and done that twice with Bogie Carter. Once as an eleven month old right after we got him and again this past summer as a two year old. Both times Dermaxx, and total crate rest for 7 days, and he was back to his perky, bouncy , self. I'm glad Charger is getting better, he'll be fine in no time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fred has also suffered with it. It started in his front right leg, and a few months later it was in his left back leg....the first sign of symptoms he was 7 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts