Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read about this on the Woodalls Open Road RV Forum in the "RV Pet Stop" section. It is in regards to keeping sugarless treats out of your dogs reach. Veterinarians just issued a warning Friday in a report to the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association that a commonly used sweetener may cause liver failure in dogs, and perhaps even kill them. It stated that there is a suspected link between the sugar substitute xylitol, and it is thought to make dogs sick, and to cause possible liver failure. Xylitol, is found in many sugar-free chewing gums, candies, baked goods and toothpastes. You can read the whole article at the link below.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15066760/from/ET/
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top